What are the different levels of discussion in forum threads?

• Thread starter Eradok
  • Start date
In summary, when posting a new topic, users may be prompted to choose a prefix to indicate the level of discussion they want. Options include "B" for basic, "I" for intermediate, and "A" for advanced topics. This allows for more organized and targeted discussions within the forums.
Eradok
When i go to post a mew topic it ask's me to add a prefix to my topic?

Physics news on Phys.org
In some of the forums we require that you specify the level of discussion you'd like in your thread. These can be found in a drop-down box next to the text box where you enter the thread title. If you have little understanding of a subject, or don't wish to discuss things at a college-level, select "B". Select "I" if you are familiar with the topic or wish to discuss it at a level you would find as an undergrad student. Select "A" for advanced topics that you wish to discuss at a graduate level or above.

Related to What are the different levels of discussion in forum threads?

1. What is a prefix?

A prefix is a group of letters added to the beginning of a word to change its meaning or create a new word.

2. What is the purpose of adding a prefix to a word?

The purpose of adding a prefix is to modify the meaning of the word or to create a new word with a different meaning.

3. How does adding a prefix change the meaning of a word?

Adding a prefix changes the meaning of a word by adding a new element to the original word. This new element alters the original word's definition and can make it more specific or general, negative or positive, singular or plural, etc.

4. Can a prefix be added to any word?

No, a prefix can only be added to certain types of words, such as nouns, verbs, or adjectives. Also, some words cannot be modified with prefixes because they are already complete words on their own.

5. What are some common prefixes and their meanings?

Some common prefixes and their meanings are: "un-" (not), "re-" (again), "pre-" (before), "mis-" (wrong), "anti-" (against), "in-" (not), "bi-" (two), "tri-" (three), "multi-" (many), "super-" (above). However, there are many more prefixes with various meanings that can be added to different words.