Is discussion of MOND allowed in this forum?

• Thread starter curiouscat51
  • Start date
curiouscat51
Summary:: Is discussion of MOND allowed in this forum.?

Before asking questions about MOND, I want to know if discussion of that topic is allowed in this forum.

Physics news on Phys.org
It is allowed if it is based on a scientific publication, i.e. a reference to a paper published in a physics journal. It is not, if it sounds "I have read somewhere ..." or "I believe, that ...".

1. What is MOND?

MOND stands for Modified Newtonian Dynamics. It is a theory proposed to explain the observed discrepancies between the predicted and observed velocities of stars and galaxies in the universe.

2. Is MOND a widely accepted theory in the scientific community?

No, MOND is not widely accepted in the scientific community. It is considered a controversial theory and is still being debated and tested by researchers.

3. Why is there a debate about discussing MOND in this forum?

There may be a debate about discussing MOND in this forum because it is a controversial topic and some may argue that it does not have enough evidence to be considered a valid scientific theory.

4. Can discussing MOND lead to a violation of forum rules?

It depends on the specific forum rules. Some forums may allow open discussions about controversial topics, while others may have stricter guidelines on what can be discussed. It is important to read and follow the forum rules before participating in any discussions.

5. Is it possible to have a productive discussion about MOND in this forum?

Yes, it is possible to have a productive discussion about MOND in this forum as long as participants adhere to the forum rules and engage in respectful and evidence-based discussions.