What are the 'dict-cache' files?

• Thread starter Asok
  • Start date
  • Tags
    files
In summary, the speaker was using a USB modem to access the internet and noticed that a lot of files were automatically downloaded. They checked their temporary folder and found files named dict_cachexxxxxxxxxx(x=some numbers) which they assumed were related to their non-original OS. After uninstalling their XP crack, the downloads stopped. They then discovered that dict_cache files are associated with Java processes, and since they are running JDK, this explains their presence in the temporary folder. They thank the expert for the explanation and ask for further information on these files.
Asok
when I'm using internet by my USB modem , I saw that lot of files downloaded automatically.. At that time all the automatic updatings (Windows, Antivirus) were OFF. I'm paying my internet bill depending on the capacity I download and upload... so this unidentified files were real problem to me..So I checked what were the files at temporary folder and I got to know those files were named as dict_cachexxxxxxxxxx(x=some numbers). those files were the downloaded files , because in properties windows of those files there were the correct time which the download was happened. to stop the downloading ,I uninstalled my XP crack(my OS isn't a original one..!) because I thought that ,those files can be the files which passes to computers to check whether the OS is original or not. further I assumed that ,because of my XP crack those checking process was neglected but continuously those files were send to my computer.. anyway after some time, uninstalling the XP crack, the downloading was stopped(dont know whether it is because of the removing of the crack ).. anyway I want to know whether my assumption is right or not and, specially I want to know what are these dict_cache files?
when searching the internet I found that there are specific files as dict_cache.. Now I want to know what are these..

Computer science news on Phys.org
Are you running JDK? dict_cache seem to be temp files associated with Java processes.

yes, I am running JDK... ya, maybe that is why those were there at the temporary folder... I thought those files were downloading automatically.. anyway thank you so much... if you know more about these files, please be kind enough to explain it more... thanx..

1. What are dict-cache files?

Dict-cache files are a type of temporary file used by computer programs to store data related to dictionaries. They typically contain lists of words, definitions, and other information used by spell checking and other language processing applications.

2. How are dict-cache files created?

Dict-cache files are created by programs that use dictionaries as part of their functionality. These programs use the files to store information that is frequently accessed, making it more efficient for the program to retrieve the data when needed.

3. Where are dict-cache files stored?

The location of dict-cache files may vary depending on the program using them, but they are typically stored in a temporary or cache folder on the computer's hard drive. Some programs may also store them in the same location as the program's executable file.

4. Do dict-cache files contain personal information?

No, dict-cache files do not typically contain any personal information. They are used solely for storing data related to dictionaries used by computer programs and do not store any user-specific information.

5. Can dict-cache files be deleted?

Yes, dict-cache files can be safely deleted without causing any harm to the computer or the programs that use them. These files are temporary and can be recreated by the programs when needed.