What are the Best Take-Home Physics Lab Kits for Non-Scientists?

In summary, the person is looking for recommendations for a take-home physics lab kit for an intro algebra-based physics course for non-scientists/non-engineers. They are seeking feedback on kits available from different companies. The kits should be better than DIY experiments using household items, but do not need to be super-fancy. They also ask for the syllabus of the lab experiments done in regular classes for reference.
Taulant Sholla
Any recommendations for a take-home physics lab kit? It's for a intro algebra-based physics course for non-scientists/non-engineers.

There seem to be a few companies out there selling these kits, and I'm looking for feedback.

They don't need to be super-fancy, but they need to be better than nothing, i.e., better than cobbling together experiments using stuff you find in the kitchen, basement or garage (I'm not disparaging this latter approach, but it does have limitations for the average student).
-Thank you!

Physics news on Phys.org
oops, except I mentioned *not* DIY.

I think the DIYers can give you the best answers. It is not a kit made at home but a kit to be used at home, we understand that.

If we don't get good answers here, I'll move it again.

Taulant Sholla said:
Any recommendations for a take-home physics lab kit? It's for a intro algebra-based physics course for non-scientists/non-engineers.

There seem to be a few companies out there selling these kits, and I'm looking for feedback.

They don't need to be super-fancy, but they need to be better than nothing, i.e., better than cobbling together experiments using stuff you find in the kitchen, basement or garage (I'm not disparaging this latter approach, but it does have limitations for the average student).
-Thank you!
Can you post the syllabus of the lab experiments that the students do when they are attending the normal classes and labs? That will help us figure out ways that you can do home-versions of those experiments. Thanks.

Related to What are the Best Take-Home Physics Lab Kits for Non-Scientists?

1. What is a take-home physics lab kit?

A take-home physics lab kit is a set of materials and equipment that allows students to conduct physics experiments at home. It typically includes instructions, supplies, and sometimes even pre-made experiments that students can complete outside of the traditional classroom setting.

2. Why are take-home physics lab kits useful?

Take-home physics lab kits are useful because they allow students to have hands-on experience with physics concepts and experiments, even when they are not in a physical classroom. This can enhance their understanding and engagement with the subject matter.

3. How do take-home physics lab kits differ from traditional labs?

Take-home physics lab kits differ from traditional labs in that they are designed to be completed outside of the classroom, often without the supervision of a teacher. They may also use different materials and equipment that are more suitable for home use.

4. Who can benefit from using take-home physics lab kits?

Take-home physics lab kits can benefit students of all ages and levels, from elementary school to college. They can also be useful for homeschooling families or for students who want to explore physics concepts on their own.

5. How can I choose the right take-home physics lab kit?

When choosing a take-home physics lab kit, it is important to consider the age and level of the student, as well as the specific concepts or experiments covered in the kit. It can also be helpful to read reviews and recommendations from other educators or students who have used the kit before.