What are the Best Screenshot Recording Programs for Project Submission?

• Thread starter mech-eng
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Programs
In summary, some video streams that come to your computer are not meant for free download. You need to pay for some of them if you want to download a copy. Are you looking to record videos of those types of video feeds?Do you mean downloading videos to watch? If so, the answer is no.
mech-eng
What are easy-to use screenshot recording programs? I would like to upload my project to internet for my instructor check it. I am not familiar with this. What would you advise me? Have you ever tried these:

Random Steam Key
Icecream screen recorder
Ezvid video maker
Atomi Active Presenter
Screen Presso
Bandicam Screen Recorder

Thank you.

Likes smart are us
Computer science news on Phys.org
How about just Alt-PrintScreen and paste it into Paint, save as JPG?

berkeman said:
How about just Alt-PrintScreen and paste it into Paint, save as JPG?

This might be but I was asking about video recording so does not word "recording" itself imply that this would be video recording?

Thank you.

Last edited:
You asked about "screenshots." To me, "screenshots" implies [still or stationary] images, not video.

Are they classified as "screen recorder"?

Thank you.

I've used both Ezvid and Bandicam. The free versions have some considerable limitations, but can still do the job fine of screen recording.

How is CamStudio?

Thank you.

jtbell said:
You asked about "screenshots." To me, "screenshots" implies [still or stationary] images, not video.

Might I confuse screenshot with screensnap?

Thank you.

mech-eng said:
Might I confuse screenshot with screensnap?

Thank you.

Camstudio is a more robust program that is very popular, not sure if they have a decent free version. Screenshot is a static image. Are you looking to record video of your screen?

Greg Bernhardt said:
Camstudio is a more robust program that is very popular, not sure if they have a decent free version. Screenshot is a static image. Are you looking to record video of your screen?

Yes, and looking for correct terms.

Thank you.

mech-eng said:
Yes, and looking for correct terms.

Thank you.
Screencast or simply video screen capture

Likes mech-eng
mech-eng said:
Are they classified as "screen recorder"?

Thank you.
Some video streams that come to your computer are not meant for free download. You need to pay for some of them if you want to download a copy. Are you looking to record videos of those types of video feeds?

Do you mean downloading videos to watch? If so, the answer is no. I just want to make a video record of my screen and upload it to internet.

Thank you.

Fraps seems to be the standard for recording video game sessions, as seen on Youtube's "let's play ..." videos. One reason is the ability to record video which uses DirectX. A demo version is available.

"Screenshot" implies a snapshot. It can be of a static screen or a still from a video.

Fraps refers to itself as "real-time video capture."

CamStudio says "Free Desktop Recorder Streaming Video Software."

I've used CamStudio to record some instructional videos. In these videos I showed some slides made using Beamer while I narrated. Both audio and video were recorded. It was adequate for this purpose.

Last edited by a moderator:
P.S.

You may also need some audio processing software. Audacity is good.

I used MS Movie Maker to put some audio and video clips together. It was simple and easy to use. But that was on my Vista machine. Now I have my new Windows 10 machine and it's not installed. Apparently you may be able to download it from MS. Maybe someone on PF has used a free and good alternative to Movie Maker?

Last edited by a moderator:
Aufbauwerk 2045 said:
Now I have my new Windows 10 machine and it's not installed. Apparently you may be able to download it from MS.
Here's some stuff I found, Aufbauwerk 2045...

If you are talking about Windows Movie Maker ...?
Development status: Discontinued.
And...
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/18614/windows-essentials
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13785/essentials-2012-release-notes

https://www.google.com/search?q=MS+Movie+Maker&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8Oh, I almost forgot, I found a nice helper, too...[COLOR=#black].[/COLOR] lol

Virtual agent.JPG

Likes Aufbauwerk 2045
Thanks @OCR. To quote Dr. McCoy: "I know engineers. They love to change things."

Likes OCR
Greg Bernhardt said:
Camstudio is a more robust program that is very popular, not sure if they have a decent free version.

I have installed camstudio. It's free but I don't understand interface. After choosing record, there is a small square. What will I do with it?
Thank you.

Likes Greg Bernhardt

Related to What are the Best Screenshot Recording Programs for Project Submission?

1. What is a screenshot recording program?

A screenshot recording program is a software that allows users to record their computer screen and save it as an image or video file. It captures everything that is displayed on the screen, including videos, images, and audio.

2. How does a screenshot recording program work?

A screenshot recording program works by capturing the pixels displayed on the computer screen and saving them as an image or video file. It uses special algorithms to compress and save the captured data in a usable format.

3. What are the benefits of using a screenshot recording program?

Some benefits of using a screenshot recording program include the ability to easily share information, record tutorials, and provide visual demonstrations. It also allows for easy troubleshooting of technical issues and can be used for creating presentations or documentation.

4. Are there any free screenshot recording programs available?

Yes, there are many free screenshot recording programs available for download. Some popular options include OBS Studio, ShareX, and Loom. However, these free programs may have limited features compared to paid versions.

5. Can screenshot recording programs be used for capturing sensitive information?

Yes, screenshot recording programs can be used to capture sensitive information, but it is important to be cautious and use them responsibly. Make sure to only share the recordings with trusted individuals and delete them after use to protect sensitive data.