What are the best books for: 1.Mass 2.Energy and 3.Quantum Mechanics?

In summary: Then read a physics book and (though I'm a theorists) I strongly recommend to read an introductory experimental-physics book first!
SSG-E
What are the best theoretical books I can study for understanding the basic as well as advanced; mass, energy and quantum mechanics.

Likes Viral kalakar
Physics news on Phys.org
You mean a whole separate book on MASS? Because mass and energy is covered in almost every classical mechanics book.

Please let us know your aim, what you want to achieve and what you already know.

Likes vanhees71
Adesh said:
You mean a whole separate book on MASS? Because mass and energy is covered in almost every classical mechanics book.

Please let us know your aim, what you want to achieve and what you already know.
There is a book '' Mass: The Quest to Understand Matter from Greek Atoms to Quantum Fields by Jim Baggot'' I've read its preview it is a whole separate book on mass. So I asked to know if it is the best.

SSG-E said:
There is a book '' Mass: The Quest to Understand Matter from Greek Atoms to Quantum Fields by Jim Baggot'' I've read its preview it is a whole separate book on mass. So I asked to know if it is the best.
Don't take me wrong, but that's not a physics textbook. It's kind of person's own thought about how we went from Greek philosophy to today's QM. It's more like a discourse, and you see Mr. Jim Baggot is a science writer not a physicist. We have so many people who explain Physics by coming on TV shows, and I do appreciate that because it let's the general public to know about the miracles of Physics (a thing developed by human mind) and miraculous **NATURE**. But it is wrong if you want to do some serious study from those TV interviews, or from books which have all sentences starting with "What if..." , "What if Einstein was wrong?", "What if there is no time?" and et cetra.

Adesh said:

There is a book '' Mass: The Quest to Understand Matter from Greek Atoms to Quantum Fields by Jim Baggot'' I've read its preview it is a whole separate book on mass
Adesh said:
Don't take me wrong, but that's not a physics textbook. It's kind of person's own thought about how we went from Greek philosophy to today's QM. It's more like a discourse, and you see Mr. Jim Baggot is a science writer not a physicist. We have so many people who explain Physics by coming on TV shows, and I do appreciate that because it let's the general public to know about the miracles of Physics (a thing developed by human mind) and miraculous **NATURE**. But it is wrong if you want to do some serious study from those TV interviews, or from books which have all sentences starting with "What if..." , "What if Einstein was wrong?", "What if there is no time?" and et cetra.
That is why I am asking. He maybe wrong. What I need is a book in which mass and energy are interpreted correctly.

Then read a physics book and (though I'm a theorists) I strongly recommend to read an introductory experimental-physics book first! The meaning of physical quantities like mass and energy and any other quantity are not defined by theory but by observation and quantitative observations (aka measurements) rather than theory.

Likes DrClaude

Related to What are the best books for: 1.Mass 2.Energy and 3.Quantum Mechanics?

1. What are the best books for learning about mass?

The best books for learning about mass will depend on your level of understanding and your specific interests. However, some popular options include "The Elegant Universe" by Brian Greene, "Cosmos" by Carl Sagan, and "A Brief History of Time" by Stephen Hawking.

2. What are the best books for understanding energy?

Again, the best books for understanding energy will vary based on your level of knowledge and interests. Some popular choices include "Energy: A Beginner's Guide" by Vaclav Smil, "The Energy Bus" by Jon Gordon, and "Energy and Civilization: A History" by Vaclav Smil.

3. What are the best books for learning about quantum mechanics?

Quantum mechanics is a complex and advanced subject, so the best books for learning about it will depend on your level of understanding and your specific interests. Some popular options include "Quantum Mechanics: The Theoretical Minimum" by Leonard Susskind and Art Friedman, "Quantum Mechanics: The Theoretical Minimum for Everyone" by Leonard Susskind and George Hrabovsky, and "Quantum Mechanics: A Modern Development" by Leslie E. Ballentine.