What are the Benefits of 21st Century Greek Forum Democracy?

• Thread starter Ian Walker
  • Start date
In summary, the 21st century Greek forum democracy offers numerous benefits, including increased citizen participation and engagement, more diverse and inclusive representation, and efficient decision-making processes. It allows for a more direct and decentralized form of governance, empowering individuals to have a voice in decision-making and policy shaping. Additionally, the use of technology and digital tools in the forum promotes transparency and accountability, creating a more accountable and responsive government. Furthermore, the forum allows for the exchange of diverse perspectives and ideas, leading to more informed and well-rounded decisions. Overall, the 21st century Greek forum democracy offers a more inclusive, accessible, and efficient form of democracy that benefits both citizens and the government.
Ian Walker
Hi all

My interest in physics is mainly informed by my work in programming games and military simulations particularly ballistics and material penetration effects. A well as AI, Neural Nets and pathing algorithms.

I have been involved in music and activism since I was sixteen, first of all as a roady and follower of the UK Anti-Nazi League in the late 1970s. I am an affirmed member of the awkward squad and could not give a crap if this upsets you. I have worked for several charities and protest groups, both full time and as a volunteer, ranging from homeless and senior citizen charities to international freedom and refugee rights organisations, some of whom were successful and went on to be ministers in their country’s first democratically elected government.

I hale from Doncaster but have lived a big chunk of my life in London, when not travelling. I spent a decade caring for ill members of my family as many people do, and sporadically gigging and recording until my parents both passed away within 6 months of each other. Needing a new home I helped renovate a Victorian town house and returned to music in 2015; because someone needs to rescue pop music from the mundane. So I perform under the stage name of The Last Politician, a theatrical character I invented for the The Telling as part of the Dark Mountain concept a post apocalypse world where the fossil fuels run out and the technological world ends in a whimper. It was rooted in a project for the Guardian News Paper.

I have also been a librarian, a social worker, worked in a climbing wall, been a welder, an engineer and a computer programmer and systems analyst, a carer, programmed robots, built computer games and military simulations for NATO, sat and broken bread with kings, squatters, soldiers and protesters and even perhaps a few secret policemen and have enjoyed the company of each, slept in palaces and squats and under a parachute at over 5,000m up in the Himalayas.

I have traveled a bit of the world and love traveling by train. So far I have had several adventures, from being on the last train on the train line out of a war torn city in a civil war, which was blown up after my train past, to unofficially crossing the Iron Curtain, to being on a smugglers' train across the borders of Iran and Pakistan, as well as by Camel train around the borders of Afghanistan and India. Once I was stuck between heavily armed drug runners and police in a fracas about the ownership of some opium, have had bullets whizz over my head and rescued people in the mountains.

So far I have has seen most of Europe and a big chunk of Asia as well as the bowels of a secure lab somewhere in the USA, where I survived on pizza and sushi, occasionally taken out for dinner in the evenings for being a good little nerd.

I think the world is a wonderful place and that if you are alive, then you are at least one point ahead, which means you can go and travel to the bits you have not reached yet. I want to End Representative Democracy and replace it with 21st Century Greek Forum Democracy. We have twitter and Facebook and computer forums, we don't need a politician to represent us anymore, we can speak for ourselves. We could write our own laws set our own taxes decide our own budgets, the politician is redundant.

Kind Regards Ian Walker

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!