What Are Suitable Extended Essay Topics in Physics for the IB?

In summary, the speaker is a student doing the IB program and is struggling to find a research topic for their extended essay (EE) in physics. They have attempted a few experiments but have not been successful and are now looking for ideas that will allow them to write 4000 words. They are directed to visit www.sciencebuddies.org for potential research topics.
abc345
Hi:), I'm doing the IB and I'm doing my extended essay(EE) in physics. I've thought of so many questions and I even started experimenting on a few but they haven't really worked out. I was doing one recently(the effect of the length of a pendulum on its time period) but apparently, I won't be able to write up 4000 words on that. So, any ideas for research topics that won't be too hard to do but I can still write a lot(4000 words) on?(thanks:D)

Physics news on Phys.org
eifphysics said:
For a IB course project project, you can go to www.sciencebuddies.org for ideas on topic.
thank you:)

Related to What Are Suitable Extended Essay Topics in Physics for the IB?

What is the purpose of a research question in physics?

The purpose of a research question in physics is to guide the direction of a scientific investigation. It helps to narrow down the focus of the study and identify the specific problem or phenomenon that will be explored.

How do I come up with a good research question in physics?

To come up with a good research question in physics, you should first identify a topic or area of interest. Then, consider any existing gaps or unanswered questions in that topic. Finally, formulate a question that is specific, measurable, and achievable given the available resources.

What makes a research question in physics feasible?

A research question in physics is feasible if it can be answered through a systematic and scientific approach. This means that the question should be testable, and the necessary tools and methods to gather data and analyze results should be available.

Can a research question in physics change during the course of a study?

Yes, a research question in physics can change during the course of a study. This can happen if new information or data is discovered that prompts a shift in the focus or direction of the investigation. However, any changes to the research question should be clearly explained and justified.

How important is it to have a clear research question in physics?

Having a clear research question in physics is crucial as it serves as the foundation for the entire study. It helps to ensure that the research is focused and relevant, and that the results obtained are meaningful and contribute to the existing body of knowledge in the field.