What are some song suggestions to add to my car's playlist?

• Music
  • Thread starter AnTiFreeze3
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Car Music
In summary, this person is looking for more music, but is tired of some of the songs on their current CD. They've started compiling new music, but only has this list of songs. They're looking for suggestions for new songs.
AnTiFreeze3
I've had the same CD in my car that I've been listening to for almost a year; a lot of the songs are great, but I'm starting to get sick of some of them. I've started putting some new songs together for a new CD, but I only have this list so far:

- All Along the Watchtower
- Another Brick in the Wall
- Are You Gonna Be My Girl
- Bohemian Rhapsody
- A Day in the Life
- House of the Rising Sun
- People Are Strange
- Twist and Shout

This amounts to a little over a half hour of music, and my CD can hold around 1hr and 10minutes, so I'm looking for more music. Any suggestions?

Science news on Phys.org
so far it looks good except for the queen (not a fan).

AnTiFreeze3 said:
I've had the same CD in my car that I've been listening to for almost a year; a lot of the songs are great, but I'm starting to get sick of some of them. I've started putting some new songs together for a new CD, but I only have this list so far:

- Bohemian Rhapsody
- A Day in the Life
- People Are Strange
- Twist and Shout

This amounts to a little over a half hour of music, and my CD can hold around 1hr and 10minutes, so I'm looking for more music. Any suggestions?

Your drive looks a lot like mine! :-p

I think I enjoyed this song when I was much younger, while driving:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIMwdOZcD2s​

Ozark, from the album: As Falls Wichita, so Falls Wichita Falls
Metheny & Mays

Physics_UG said:
so far it looks good except for the queen (not a fan).

Blashphemer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTheG--2NE0

Or, perhaps not a carpooler.

That is a most excellent song in the vehicle. Headbanging is much safer than texting...

These might be up your alley, AF:

Hurdy Gurdy Man
Hotel California
Losin' My Religion
Milkshake
Good Vibrations
The Dreaming
Heart of Glass
Poker Face
Come Together
Stairway to Heaven
Lets Dance
99 Problems
Miss Gradenko
Electric Avenue
The Chauffeur
Zombie

Rider on the storm.
Child in time.

zoobyshoe said:
These might be up your alley, AF:

Hurdy Gurdy Man
Hotel California
Losin' My Religion
Milkshake
Good Vibrations
The Dreaming
Heart of Glass
Poker Face
Come Together
Stairway to Heaven
Lets Dance
99 Problems
Miss Gradenko
Electric Avenue
The Chauffeur
Zombie

I must say that I love the addition of Poker Face.

fluidistic said:
Rider on the storm.
Child in time.

Rider on the Storm is a great song, I might have to add it.

You have a car? When did this happen? How did you get your driver's license before me? You do realize what this means...

Piano Man
Radio Gaga
Ho Hey
Cinnamon Girl
A View To A Kill
Need You Tonight
Lullaby
Last Night
Paradise City
Maggies Farm
In Bloom

AnTiFreeze3 said:
I must say that I love the addition of Poker Face.
Don't tell me you missed the other two jokers in the hand I dealt you.

"Lord Mr Ford"

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-W8dJss5fo

zoobyshoe said:
Don't tell me you missed the other two jokers in the hand I dealt you.

99 problems and Milkshake. Poker Face is what made me laugh the most, though :smile:

This is maybe not your type, but if you can stay awake then ambient music is perfect.

AnTiFreeze3 said:

- Bohemian Rhapsody
- A Day in the Life
- People Are Strange
- Twist and Shout

Hmm, not a single one in a major key! (Twist and Shout is "officially" in a major key, but it has heavy use of "blue" minor notes.) So if you somehow got a list of hit songs in minor keys that would likely be of use to you.

AnTiFreeze3 said:
99 problems and Milkshake. Poker Face is what made me laugh the most, though :smile:
Oh. Guess I couldn't read your puh puh puh poker face, puh puh poker face.

Related to What are some song suggestions to add to my car's playlist?

1. How do I choose the best music for my car?

The best way to choose music for your car is to consider your personal preferences and the type of driving you will be doing. If you enjoy upbeat and energetic music, choose songs with a higher tempo. If you prefer a more relaxed atmosphere, opt for slower and softer songs. Additionally, consider the mood and purpose of your drive. Are you looking to relax, get pumped up, or focus on the lyrics? These factors can help guide your music selection.

2. What type of music is best for long drives?

The best type of music for long drives is subjective, as it depends on personal preferences. However, many people find that instrumental or ambient music can be calming and help create a peaceful driving experience. Alternatively, some may enjoy upbeat and energetic music to keep them alert and focused during long drives. Ultimately, choose music that you enjoy and that will help you stay comfortable and alert while driving.

3. Should I consider the genre of music when selecting songs for my car?

Yes, the genre of music can be an important factor to consider when picking out songs for your car. If you have a specific genre that you enjoy, such as rock or pop, you may want to prioritize songs from that genre. However, it can also be fun to mix genres and create a diverse playlist. Consider the type of driving you will be doing and choose songs that fit the mood and atmosphere.

4. How can I organize my music for my car?

The best way to organize your music for your car is to create playlists. This can help you easily access and play songs that fit a specific mood or purpose. You can also organize your playlists by genre, artist, or album to make it easier to find and play your favorite songs. Additionally, consider using music streaming services that allow you to create and save playlists, making it easier to access your music while driving.

5. Is it important to have a variety of music for my car?

Having a variety of music for your car can make your driving experience more enjoyable. It allows you to switch up the mood and atmosphere depending on your driving needs. It is also helpful to have a mix of songs that you can sing along to, as well as instrumental or ambient music that can create a more peaceful environment. Overall, having a variety of music can make your car rides more enjoyable and dynamic.