What approach should be taken to solve these two questions?

• Thread starter Fall3n
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Integer
In summary, the conversation discusses two questions and their solutions. The first question seems too simple, while the second one is unknown. The OP suggests that the top row, second column, and first diagonal from the top in the second figure each adds up to 13.
Fall3n
nn2iu.jpg

QaVei.jpg

What are people's opinion on these two questions?

The obvious answer for the first question (5) seems too simple, as it merely stems from the observation that the last number in the first two rows happen to be the average of the first three. I'm not sure if the real solution is this easy though.. or maybe I'm just thinking too much.

The second question, I have absolutely no idea about.

Any comments, suggestions, etc, are appreciated.

Physics news on Phys.org
All I've noticed so far is that in the second figure, for some reason the top row, second column, and first diagonal from the top each adds to 13.

In both figures the top square adds to 21 2+7+9+3=9+4+6+2
The left figure bottom square 3+7+6+6 adds to 22.
The right bottom square with the given numbers 2+7+2 adds to 11.
Subtracting the 5 from the sum in the first figure yields 17.
Subtracting 3 from 11 yields 8.
9 would work as an answer using this logic.
mathal

Last edited:
I also got
But I got it through this method:
If you separate the image into 4 triangles, consisting of the numbers 7,5,4; 5,9,2; 6,6,4; and 3,4,?; you will notice that the complete triangles add up to 16 in each case, continuing on that idea, logically, the missing number is 9.

I just noticed that the two pictures are separate, and that the OP's solution to the first problem makes more sense.

I would approach this problem by first analyzing the given information and identifying any patterns or relationships. From the given information, it appears that the first two rows follow a specific pattern, with the last number being the average of the first three numbers. However, it is important to note that this may not necessarily hold true for the missing integer, as it could break the pattern or follow a different rule.

Regarding the second question, it is difficult to provide an opinion without any further context or information. It would be helpful to have more background on the problem or any additional clues that could lead to a solution. Without this information, it is impossible to make an informed opinion.

In science, it is important to approach problems with an open mind and consider all possibilities. It may be helpful to gather more data or try different approaches to solving the problem. Collaboration and discussion with others can also be beneficial in finding a solution. Ultimately, it is important to remain objective and not let personal opinions or biases influence the search for an answer.

Related to What approach should be taken to solve these two questions?

1. How can I find the missing integer in a sequence?

To find the missing integer in a sequence, you can use a mathematical formula or algorithm to determine the pattern and identify the missing number. Alternatively, you can manually go through the sequence and compare it to a known sequence to identify the missing integer.

2. What if there is more than one missing integer in a sequence?

If there is more than one missing integer in a sequence, you can still use the same methods as mentioned in the previous answer. However, it may be more time-consuming and challenging to identify multiple missing integers. In this case, using a computer program or algorithm may be more efficient.

3. Can I use any type of sequence to find the missing integer?

Yes, you can use any type of sequence to find the missing integer. This includes arithmetic, geometric, or even random sequences. The key is to identify the pattern and use it to determine the missing integer.

4. Are there any specific tools or software to help with finding the missing integer?

There are various tools and software available that can help with finding the missing integer, such as online calculators, spreadsheet programs, or programming languages like Python. These tools can help automate the process and make it easier to find the missing integer in a sequence.

5. Is it possible for a sequence to not have a missing integer?

Yes, it is possible for a sequence to not have a missing integer. This can occur in a perfectly ordered sequence, where all the numbers are present and in the correct order. In this case, there would be no missing integer to find.