What Activities Are Common for Newcomers on PF?

• Thread starter Jiicecle
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Welcome
In summary, "Welcome! What're You All Up To?" is a common greeting used to inquire about someone's current activities or plans. It is typically used in informal situations, but can also be used in a more casual setting. However, it is generally not appropriate to use in a professional or formal setting. Alternative ways to greet someone with this phrase include "Hey! How's it going?" or "Hi! What are you all up to?" While it is widely used in many English-speaking countries, there may be slight variations or alternatives in different regions or cultures. It is important to be aware of and respectful of cultural differences in language usage.
Jiicecle
i have just joined in...what are you guys doing?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Well, those of us in the eastern USA are starting to think about lunch, and some of us are thinking about fish in particular. What's your favorite fish?

Well I am in london...thinking about dinner!

Any favorite fish??

Me, I like some cod!

-S

OK, guys, have some! :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhJQp-q1Y1s

Haha pure genius!

-S

You have now been properly initiated into PF. :biggrin:

Related to What Activities Are Common for Newcomers on PF?

1. What is "Welcome! What're You All Up To?"

"Welcome! What're You All Up To?" is a phrase commonly used to greet someone or a group of people and inquire about their current activities or plans.

2. Is "Welcome! What're You All Up To?" a formal or informal greeting?

"Welcome! What're You All Up To?" is typically used in informal situations, such as among friends or family, but can also be used in a more casual setting.

3. Can "Welcome! What're You All Up To?" be used in a professional setting?

It is generally not appropriate to use "Welcome! What're You All Up To?" in a professional or formal setting. It is more commonly used in a casual or social setting.

4. What are some alternative ways to greet someone with "Welcome! What're You All Up To?"

Some alternative ways to greet someone with "Welcome! What're You All Up To?" include "Hey! How's it going?" or "Hi! What are you all up to?"

5. Are there any cultural or regional differences in the usage of "Welcome! What're You All Up To?"

While "Welcome! What're You All Up To?" is a commonly used phrase in many English-speaking countries, there may be slight variations or alternatives in different regions or cultures. It is always best to be aware of and respectful of cultural differences in language usage.