Welcome to the World of Physics: Embracing Curiosity and Learning as a Newcomer

• Thread starter alva3
  • Start date
In summary, the world of physics is a fascinating and ever-evolving field that welcomes newcomers to embrace their curiosity and engage in continuous learning. It is a subject that explores the fundamental laws and principles that govern the universe, from the tiniest particles to the vast expanse of space. As a newcomer, it is essential to have an open mind and a willingness to question and explore the unknown. With a strong foundation of basic concepts and a thirst for knowledge, one can delve into the complexities of physics and discover the wonders of our world. So, welcome to the world of physics, where curiosity and learning are key to unlocking the mysteries of the universe.
alva3
Greetings. Although all of my life I have been subject to laws therein, I am new to an (even primal) understanding of physics. I am a lifetime student and a slow learner, but am eager to better understand the world around me and generally maintain a high level of curiosity at all times. I foresee my future contributions to the forum as mostly internal (e.g., me reading and learning myself), but I would be remiss to not include the fact that I am likely to submit a dumb question or two, as I am still in diapers physics-wise. I have thick skin, and am well-aware of my ignorance so no need to handle with kid gloves. I hope this introduction is adequate. I sincerely appreciate all of the contributors and look forward to learning more from all of you.

Cheers,
A3

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF, A3! :smile:

Thank you berkman. How long have you had your HAM license? Do you have any 'odd' (any that stand out) HAM experiences during documented solar events? If so, I'd be delighted to hear about them if you ever have the time.

I've had my HAM radio license for about 15 years. I mostly work 2m and 440 for emergency preparedness (I live near the Hayward Fault in NorCal). The only times I deal with longer wavelengths is at Field Day each year. :smile:

Very cool! Well thank you for being a part of that service. I for one, am grateful people like you have the dedication and foresight to be there (just in case).

Likes Janosh89 and berkeman