Exploring Botany Career Opportunities in Michigan

In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of finding government-funded and non-government-related jobs in Botany in Michigan. The Botanical Society of America is suggested as a starting point for finding job opportunities. The conversation also mentions the possibility of job opportunities in the oil industry for botanists.
Mentat
"Jobs in Botany" Project

I'm currently auditing a class at the public high school on Botany. The current assignment is to find two government-funded, and two non-government-related, jobs in Botany in Michigan. How exactly would I go about finding these?

I've tried some search engines, but they didn't seem to have anything on which are government-funded, and which are non-government-related.

Any help on this is appreciated.

Physics news on Phys.org
To clarify, these jobs must require a college degree in Botany, and one of them must be federal, one must be state, and the other three must be non-government. And they must all be available in Michigan.

I would really appreciate some help, as I can find nothing useful by typical searches or "ask.com".

The Botanical Society of America have info about career and employment

http://www.botany.org/newsite/employment/
http://www.botany.org/bsa/careers/car-opp.html
that my be a start.

Also we have plenty of batanist in our faculty. Some do plant molecular biology and genetics. Some try to create new variety of domestic plant.

Originally posted by iansmith
The Botanical Society of America have info about career and employment

http://www.botany.org/newsite/employment/
http://www.botany.org/bsa/careers/car-opp.html
that my be a start.

Also we have plenty of batanist in our faculty. Some do plant molecular biology and genetics. Some try to create new variety of domestic plant.

I cannot thank you enough. Now, after seeing that the site is actually called "botany.org"...it just seems so simple [b(] .

Thanks again.

I've got one more question on this subject: What purpose would a botanist serve in the Oil industry?

1. What is the job outlook for Botany Project Scientists?

The job outlook for Botany Project Scientists is expected to grow at a faster than average rate of 8% from 2019-2029. This is due to the increasing demand for sustainable agriculture, environmental conservation, and biofuels.

2. What education is required for a career in Botany Project?

Most Botany Project positions require at least a bachelor's degree in botany, biology, or a related field. However, for more advanced positions, a master's or doctoral degree may be required.

3. What skills are important for success in Botany Project?

Some important skills for success in a Botany Project career include strong analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work independently and as part of a team. Additionally, knowledge of laboratory techniques and computer skills may also be beneficial.

4. What types of companies or organizations hire Botany Project Scientists?

Botany Project Scientists can work in a variety of industries including pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, agriculture, environmental consulting, and government agencies. They may also work in research and academic institutions.

5. What are the potential job titles for someone with a degree in Botany Project?

Potential job titles for someone with a degree in Botany Project may include Botanist, Plant Scientist, Research Scientist, Environmental Consultant, Agronomist, or Ecologist. These titles may vary depending on the specific focus and duties of the job.