Welcome! Introduce Yourself Here!

• Thread starter drdoug
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Welcome
In summary, the conversation is between a new member, drdoug, and other members of a forum. They welcome drdoug and ask where in Brazil he is from. He responds that he is from Sao Paulo, specifically the neighborhood of Higienopolis, and shares a link to a nearby restaurant. The other members continue to welcome drdoug and joke about a traditional initiation ceremony involving a piranha.
drdoug
I'm just new to the forum

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome, drdoug. If I may ask, what part of Brazil?

Welcome to PF, drdoug! Hope you enjoy the forums :smile:.

Welcome to PF drdoug :smile:

Welcome to PF! I hope you enjoy your stay!

A piranha smacked onto your nose, Brazilian!

Our traditional fish-slapping ceremony of initiation has, to your detriment, just been made into a fish-eating ceremony (the fish eating you, rather than the other way around).

If you survive this ordeal, a hearty welcome to you! :smile:

Related to Welcome! Introduce Yourself Here!

What is the purpose of the "Welcome! Introduce Yourself Here!" section?

The purpose of this section is to provide a space for new members to introduce themselves to the community, share their interests and goals, and get to know other members.

Do I have to introduce myself in this section?

No, introducing yourself is not mandatory. However, it is highly encouraged as it helps build a sense of community and allows other members to get to know you.

Can I share personal information in my introduction?

Yes, you can share as much or as little personal information as you feel comfortable with. However, please keep in mind internet safety and do not share any sensitive information.

How can I make my introduction interesting and engaging?

You can make your introduction interesting by sharing your unique interests and hobbies, your background, and what you hope to gain from being a member of this community. You can also ask questions and engage with other members in the comments section.

Is there a character limit for introductions?

There is no set character limit, but it is recommended to keep your introduction concise and to the point. You can always add more information or share more about yourself in the comments section or in other discussions on the forum.