Website for self-learning purpose needed

In summary: If you're truly interested in physics, you'll want to immerse yourself in the content and find a teacher to help guide you along.
scilover89
Your guys physics knowledge is so awesome! I am a secondary student, and I wish to learn more about physic. Can anyone suggest a website to me?

Physics news on Phys.org
If you actually would want to learn physics in-depth, there really is no alternative from using textbooks.

arildno said:
If you actually would want to learn physics in-depth, there really is no alternative from using textbooks.

Could you suggest any textbooks then?

:redface:

I highly recommend http://ocw.mit.edu" . I believe there are video lectures of MIT's equivalents of Physics 101 and 102, plus there are a lot other useful resources. Check it out!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi scilover89,

I found this website interesting: http://www.colorado.edu/physics/2000/index.pl
It has some java-applets.

Also it may be interesting, how application of physics looks like in our daily life:
http://www.howstuffworks.com/

As for books: Don't buy them immediately! If possible, first have a look at them in the library. Books are very expensive :frown:
Have a look at Tipler, Halliday Resnick.

If you start studying physics, this article gives you some tips:
http://www.physicstoday.org/vol-57/iss-7/p56.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Giacoli is a good introductory physics textbook author, and his problem sets have a good range of difficulty.

ahhhh a secondary student eh? Just like me, I've just graduated though. But if you want to understand at least stuff in physics, calculus is a must ! the 530 section in the library is a good place to start, especially with popular physics books which are non-mathematical. once you've read and understand a fair bit about the content, its good to go on to something more mathematical.

Then, you can always pursue a field in physics of your interest, preferbly with an introductory text using calc. I won't particularly recommend doing a bulk of your self-study online, only for verifying things and asking questions imo.

Related to Website for self-learning purpose needed

1. What is a website for self-learning purpose?

A website for self-learning purpose is a platform or online tool that provides resources, materials, and activities to help individuals learn and improve their skills on their own. These websites can cover a wide range of topics, such as language learning, coding, or personal development.

2. Why do I need a website for self-learning purpose?

A website for self-learning purpose can be a great tool for individuals who want to learn at their own pace and on their own schedule. It also provides access to a variety of resources and materials that may not be easily available elsewhere. Additionally, these websites often offer interactive features and feedback, making the learning process more engaging and effective.

3. How do I choose the right website for self-learning purpose?

When choosing a website for self-learning purpose, it's important to consider your learning goals and preferences. Look for websites that offer a variety of resources and activities related to your topic of interest. You may also want to read reviews or ask for recommendations from others who have used the website.

4. Are websites for self-learning purpose free?

Some websites for self-learning purpose may offer free content, while others may require a subscription or payment for access to certain materials or features. It's important to research and compare different websites to find one that fits your budget and offers the resources you need.

5. Can I learn effectively from a website for self-learning purpose?

While everyone learns differently, websites for self-learning purpose can be an effective tool for many individuals. These websites often offer a variety of resources, interactive features, and feedback to support the learning process. However, it's important to stay motivated and dedicated to your learning goals to make the most out of these websites.