We lost Michael Clarke Duncan today.

• Thread starter turbo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Lost
In summary, the conversation is about the passing of a man who played a memorable role in the film "The Green Mile" and how Bruce Willis helped him get the role. The speakers express their sadness and admiration for the actor's performance.
turbo
Gold Member
He had a heart attack a month or so ago, and complications got him. You might remember him as the "gentle giant" in the film "The Green Mile". He played that part so well... RIP

Physics news on Phys.org

That's sad to hear!

Drakkith said:
That's sad to hear!
I was interested to find out that Bruce Willis helped him to get that role as John Coffey. (like coffee, but not spelled the same) I loved that movie. Have to pop the DVD into the player again soon.

Sorry, Mr. Duncan, that I left the "e" off the end of your middle name in the title. :redface:

turbo said:
I was interested to find out that Bruce Willis helped him to get that role as John Coffey. (like coffee, but not spelled the same) I loved that movie. Have to pop the DVD into the player again soon.

Yeah, I read that on IMDB. Pretty cool.

Sad.

To paraphrase James Darrell Edwards III, Duncan was well over twice the man I am, but not much older than I am. And his role in Green Mile is memorable.

Thanks for fixing my missed "e".

Related to We lost Michael Clarke Duncan today.

1. Who was Michael Clarke Duncan?

Michael Clarke Duncan was an American actor, best known for his roles in films such as "The Green Mile," "Armageddon," and "The Whole Nine Yards." He was also a voice actor, appearing in films like "Kung Fu Panda" and "Brother Bear."

2. How did Michael Clarke Duncan die?

Michael Clarke Duncan passed away on September 3, 2012, at the age of 54. He suffered a heart attack in July of that year and never fully recovered.

3. What were some of Michael Clarke Duncan's notable achievements?

Michael Clarke Duncan received numerous accolades for his acting, including an Academy Award nomination for Best Supporting Actor for his role in "The Green Mile." He also won a Screen Actors Guild Award and was nominated for a Golden Globe. He was also known for his charitable work and was an advocate for many causes, including animal rights and children's literacy.

4. What impact did Michael Clarke Duncan have on the film industry?

Michael Clarke Duncan was a highly respected and talented actor who left a lasting impact on the film industry. He was known for his powerful performances and ability to bring depth and emotion to his characters. His presence on screen will be greatly missed by both fans and colleagues.

5. How will Michael Clarke Duncan be remembered?

Michael Clarke Duncan will be remembered as a talented actor with a big heart. He was beloved by his fans and colleagues for his genuine kindness and generosity. He will also be remembered for his impactful performances and his dedication to important causes outside of his acting career.