Wanting to study energy in the human body

In summary: Yes, this is what I mean. If you are looking for a specific degree program, you might want to consider studying something like biology or physiology.
quantumeso
Summary:: Looking for a certain degree program

What kind of degree would be best if I really wanted to get into studying energy within and around the human body and interactions of it between electronic signals and things like that? I am really starting to believe that our understanding of energy in our bodies in life (and in death) could be one of the most important things we ever learn.

Any insights? Any ideas are appreciated
Scott. F

Physics news on Phys.org
If you are asking about pseudo-scientific concepts of body energy (like Chi), PF is the wrong place to ask.

If you are asking about biological processes, you could study Biology and Physiology. Do you have a local community college near where you live? What is your educational background so far?

Likes Vanadium 50 and BillTre
My first thought was neurology.

Likes gwnorth and quantumeso
There's also a strong argument to be had for studying physics so as to understand energy itself. Then as a graduate student you could go on to specialize in something like biophysics or medical physics.

Likes pinball1970 and quantumeso
berkeman said:
If you are asking about pseudo-scientific concepts of body energy (like Chi), PF is the wrong place to ask.

If you are asking about biological processes, you could study Biology and Physiology. Do you have a local community college near where you live? What is your educational background so far?
Pseudo-scientific? You mean the parts of physics we don't quite understand?

quantumeso said:
Could be. Have you read the PF rules? (see INFO at the top of the page) We are a mainstream scientific website, and our discussion rules reflect that.

I'm not interested much in what most people study when they are involved with "chi" and things like that - but I definitely believe there is energy in the human body that we know very little about. This is what I am interested in. Our reactions with different energy, be it electro-magnetic or
berkeman said:
Could be. Have you read the PF rules? (see INFO at the top of the page) We are a mainstream scientific website, and our discussion rules reflect that.
Oh snap, WWII flashback.

quantumeso said:
I'm not interested much in what most people study when they are involved with "chi" and things like that - but I definitely believe there is energy in the human body that we know very little about. This is what I am interested in. Our reactions with different energy, be it electro-magnetic or

Oh snap, WWII flashback.
Thankyou for the warning. I'll keep this in mind.

Um, I'm not sure what all that means, but whatever. Can you tell us what your level of education is, and whether there is a community college near you? Thanks.

Likes pinball1970
quantumeso said:
No, the "disciplines" that aren't science.
quantumeso said:
Oh snap, WWII flashback.
Well, hardly.
From the rules that you agreed to when you signed up for membership, here is our mission statement, with emphasis added.
Mission Statement:

Our mission is to provide a place for people (whether students, professional scientists, or others interested in science) to learn and discuss science as it is currently generally understood and practiced by the professional scientific community.

Likes Vanadium 50
You may want to have a look at biophysics or neuroscience.

quantumeso said:
Summary:: Looking for a certain degree program

What kind of degree would be best if I really wanted to get into studying energy within and around the human body and interactions of it between electronic signals and things like that? I am really starting to believe that our understanding of energy in our bodies in life (and in death) could be one of the most important things we ever learn.

Any insights? Any ideas are appreciated
Scott. F
Energy in the body / cell is well understood, the currency is ATP, that ticks a lot of boxes in terms of biological systems.
Protein synthesis, cell signaling, muscle contraction.
Is this what you mean?

Likes gmax137

Related to Wanting to study energy in the human body

What is energy in the human body?

Energy in the human body refers to the ability of the body to perform physical and chemical processes. It is derived from the food we eat and is necessary for the body to function properly.

Why is studying energy in the human body important?

Studying energy in the human body helps us understand how our bodies function and how to maintain good health. It also provides insights into how certain diseases and disorders affect energy production and usage in the body.

What are the main sources of energy in the human body?

The main sources of energy in the human body are carbohydrates, fats, and proteins. Carbohydrates are the primary source of energy for the body, while fats and proteins are used as backup sources when carbohydrates are not available.

How is energy produced in the human body?

Energy is produced in the human body through a process called cellular respiration. This process involves breaking down glucose (from carbohydrates) into ATP, which is the energy currency of the body. This process occurs in the mitochondria of cells.

What factors can affect energy production in the human body?

Several factors can affect energy production in the human body, including diet, exercise, hormones, and certain diseases or disorders. A balanced diet and regular physical activity can help maintain optimal energy production in the body.