Want help in finding a book for questions on geometric optics

In summary, the person is looking for a book with questions on geometric optics, specifically for locating the position of a mirror using ray diagrams. They have already found two questions in I.E. Irodov, but are looking for more suggestions. Another person suggests S.S. Krotov's Aptitude test problems in physics, but the first person is having trouble finding a physical copy. They also mention that the book only has 20 questions in the optics chapter, which is a bit disappointing. Another recommendation is Advanced School Physics by Cengage, specifically part 2 for optics.
roborahull
guys i want a book where i can find questions on geometric optics especially for questions based on locating position of mirror by ray diagram when only object and image are given?
I have already found 2 questions in I.E. Irodov but i want more so please suggest other books.....
thnx

Physics news on Phys.org
I was about to suggest I.E.Irodov but you already have it :smile:. Try S.S. Krotov's Aptitude test problems in physics (MIR publications).

hmmmm... thnx bro i am now trying to find a paperback version of the book in my city, with no luck so far, i guess i will have to downoad the book, anyway thnx a lot

its a very short book with only 20 questions in optics chapter.....
though each question is quite brain teasing but still a bit disappointed in the quantity of questions, thnx anyway

Try advanced school physics by cengage (part 2 for optics)

Related to Want help in finding a book for questions on geometric optics

1. What is geometric optics?

Geometric optics is the study of light and its behavior as it travels in a straight line through various mediums. It involves the use of geometric principles and mathematical equations to understand how light behaves when it interacts with objects and surfaces.

2. How can I find a book on geometric optics?

There are several ways to find a book on geometric optics. You can search for books on online bookstores such as Amazon or Barnes and Noble. You can also visit your local library and search for books in the physics or optics section. Additionally, you can ask for recommendations from fellow scientists or professors in the field.

3. What topics are typically covered in books on geometric optics?

Books on geometric optics usually cover the fundamental principles of light propagation, reflection, refraction, and image formation. They may also delve into more advanced topics such as wave optics, polarization, and optical instruments.

4. Are there any recommended books on geometric optics for beginners?

Yes, there are several books that are highly recommended for beginners in the field of geometric optics. Some popular titles include "Geometric Optics: Theory and Design of Astronomical Optical Systems" by Antonio Romano, "Introduction to Geometrical and Physical Optics" by John Strong, and "Fundamentals of Geometrical Optics" by John E. Greivenkamp.

5. Can I find books on geometric optics in digital format?

Yes, many books on geometric optics are available in digital format, such as e-books or PDFs. These can be purchased or downloaded from online bookstores or academic databases. Some books may also be available for free on open-access websites such as arXiv or Google Books.