Waiting for BoGS Decision at University of Cambridge

• Thread starter iorfus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cambridge
In summary, the Board of Graduate Studies' decision on your application for the part III of the Mathematical Tripos at University of Cambridge is likely just a formality and they will confirm it as long as you meet the necessary requirements. Best of luck!
iorfus
Hi!
I am an Italian Physics student, and I am currently waiting for the Board of Graduate Studies of University of Cambridge to confirm or reject the positive decisions made by departments and degree committee as far as my application for the part III of the Mathematical Tripos.

It seems that(from various informations, also by a mail a secretary sent to an applicant) that the decision of the BoGS is only a formality and an application of conditions to the eventual offer(final mark of my first degree and IELTS I still have to take).

Does anyone on this forum can confirm or refute that? I mean by personal experience, because reading other forums I have already come to know that BoGS's approval is just something administrative and formal.

You can understand that I am very anxious about that. :eek:

Thanks!
Bye!:smile:

Physics news on Phys.org

Hi there! I can understand your anxiety about the decision of the Board of Graduate Studies. However, based on my personal experience and knowledge of the application process at University of Cambridge, I can confirm that the BoGS approval is indeed just a formality and administrative step. Once the departments and degree committee have made positive decisions on your application, it is highly likely that the BoGS will confirm it as long as you meet the necessary requirements, such as your first degree mark and IELTS score. So, I would advise you not to worry too much and just focus on completing those requirements. Best of luck to you and I hope you receive positive news soon!

Related to Waiting for BoGS Decision at University of Cambridge

1. What is the typical timeline for receiving a decision from University of Cambridge?

The timeline for receiving a decision from University of Cambridge can vary depending on the program and the applicant's qualifications. However, most decisions are typically released around mid-February for undergraduate programs and mid-March for graduate programs.

2. How will I be notified of my decision from University of Cambridge?

University of Cambridge will notify applicants of their decision through email or post. It is important to regularly check the email address provided in your application and to inform the university of any changes in contact information.

3. What factors are considered in the decision-making process at University of Cambridge?

The University of Cambridge considers various factors in their decision-making process, including academic achievements, test scores, personal statement, letters of recommendation, and extracurricular activities. Each program may also have specific criteria that are taken into account.

4. Can I appeal a decision from University of Cambridge?

While it is not possible to appeal a decision from University of Cambridge, applicants can request feedback on their application and reapply in the following year. It is also important to note that the decision of the university is final and cannot be changed.

5. Will a deferral request affect my chances of being accepted to University of Cambridge?

Deferral requests may be considered by University of Cambridge on a case-by-case basis. If granted, it will not affect an applicant's chances of being accepted in the following year. However, it is important to carefully consider the timing of the request and to provide a valid reason for the deferral.