VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST - Chiaroscuro

In summary, the conversation discusses different photographs and their quality, with a focus on Chroot's photo and ZapperZ's photo. The participants also mention a contest thread and a personal anecdote about a photo taken in South Dakota.

vote

• Brewnog

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Chroot

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Turbo-1

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Ivan Seeking

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • ZapperZ

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
matthyaouw
Gold Member
1.Brewnog
PICT0016.jpg

2.Chroot
DSCR-0809.jpg

3.Turbo-1
iris_cont.jpg

4.Ivan Seeking
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/5789/1043n.jpg

5.ZapperZ
img6481b.jpg

Contest Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I had to go with Chroot.

When I was just a kid, by chance [entirely] I took a great shot of my little brother [probably about age 5] fishing on a farm in South Dakota, just after sunset. It was taken on a very primative instamatic using a flash bulb, but it would have given Chroot serious competition. :biggrin: I think I still have it but have no idea where it might be.

Last edited:
Zapper's picture is gorgeous too.

I'm still not convinced that I know what this particular round of images is about. :biggrin:

Related to VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST - Chiaroscuro

1. What is the "Vote PF Photo Contest - Chiaroscuro"?

The "Vote PF Photo Contest - Chiaroscuro" is a photography competition organized by the scientific organization "Partners in Flight" (PF). It focuses on the theme of chiaroscuro, which is the use of light and shadow to create dramatic and dynamic photographs of birds.

2. Who can participate in the "Vote PF Photo Contest - Chiaroscuro"?

The contest is open to all photographers, both amateur and professional, who have a passion for bird photography. There are no age or nationality restrictions.

3. How do I submit my entry for the "Vote PF Photo Contest - Chiaroscuro"?

To submit your entry, you must first visit the PF website and register as a participant. Once registered, you can upload your photograph to the contest page following the guidelines and instructions provided.

4. How are the winners determined in the "Vote PF Photo Contest - Chiaroscuro"?

The winners are determined through a combination of public voting and judging by a panel of experts in the field of bird photography. The public can vote for their favorite photograph on the PF website, and the panel of judges will also evaluate the entries based on technical and artistic merit.

5. What are the prizes for the winners of the "Vote PF Photo Contest - Chiaroscuro"?

The grand prize winner of the contest will receive a cash prize and their photograph will be featured in the PF newsletter and website. Other prizes include photography equipment and accessories, as well as recognition and exposure for the winners' work.