Virtual Reality Headset Resolutions

In summary, VR headsets offer a more immersive experience than just looking at a screen up close. The Samsung Gear VR headset provides a great experience, but the screen still has visible pixels due to its proximity. Other VR headsets, like the StarVR, have a higher resolution but there are still limitations to how small pixels can be made. The fisheye lens in VR goggles adds to the immersive experience by creating a sense of distance and 3D. To truly understand the experience, one must try it for themselves.
Blue Scallop
Before I tried VR headset. I thought it was just looking at screen closeup. but no.. it's more than that. I mean.. it's like you are really immersed in the surrounding and there is 3D effect I haven't foreseen. Most of those who haven't tried it wouldn't appreciate the experience.

To those who have tried VR headset. You know what I'm talking about. I tried the $100 Samsung Gear VR headset after I bought the new Samsung S8+ cellphone. Although it is great experience to use it. I can still see pixels in the screen.. this is because you are so close to the screen.

Have anyone tried other VR headsets? Is there one where the screen has super high enough resolutions that you can't make out any pixels?

And most of all. I'd like to know something. What resolution or kind of screen in the future where the screen or display would be indistinguishable from looking at real objects? This would be the ultimate virtual reality headset where you may think you are in a real environment.

Computer science news on Phys.org
This seems to be the highest resolution at present:

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/starvr-vr-headset-5120-1440-resolution/

It has resolution of 5120x1440 compared to my Samsung 8+ 2960 x 1440.
Can't they make the pixels smallers hence even higher resolution, what sets the limits of the pixels size?

To those who haven't viewed thru a VR googles. It's not like looking at a screen up close. It's due to the fisheye lens that comes with it that makes it feel like you are looking at distance and 3D hence the experience is immersive (like you are in the scene and not just looking at the scene) and you have to experience it to know what I'm talking about.

Related to Virtual Reality Headset Resolutions

What is the resolution of a virtual reality headset?

The resolution of a virtual reality headset refers to the number of pixels displayed on the screen. It is typically written as two numbers, representing the width and height of the display in pixels. For example, a resolution of 1920x1080 means the headset has 1920 pixels in width and 1080 pixels in height.

What is the impact of resolution on virtual reality experience?

The resolution of a virtual reality headset has a significant impact on the overall experience. Higher resolution means a sharper and more detailed image, which leads to a more immersive and realistic experience. Lower resolution can result in a pixelated and blurry image, which can be distracting and decrease the quality of the experience.

How do virtual reality headset resolutions compare to other devices?

Virtual reality headset resolutions tend to be lower compared to other devices such as smartphones, tablets, and computer monitors. This is because the screens are placed very close to the user's eyes, so the pixels need to be denser to create a realistic image. However, as technology advances, virtual reality headset resolutions are also improving.

What are the most common resolutions for virtual reality headsets?

The most common resolutions for virtual reality headsets are 1920x1080 and 2160x1200. These resolutions are used by popular headsets such as the Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, and PlayStation VR. However, there are also higher resolution headsets available, such as the Valve Index with a resolution of 2880x1600.

Can virtual reality headset resolutions be upgraded?

Some virtual reality headsets allow for their resolutions to be upgraded through software updates or by replacing the display panels. However, this is not possible for all headsets. It is important to research the specifications and capabilities of a headset before purchasing if resolution upgradeability is a priority.