Virtual cells of mirror reflections

In summary, the conversation discusses mirrors A and B, a virtual cell space, and the possibility of adding more virtual cells with mirrored birds. The correct way to do mirror reflection is described and the possibility of a repeating pattern is mentioned. The conversation also notes the use of outside lines in the original picture and advises against starting multiple threads for the same problem.
PintoCorreia

Homework Statement

Please note that this is an extension of this question
here: https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?p=4571995#post4571995**Questions**
9JcHo.png

Mirrors A and B with the space between them, including the bird, are part of the real world.
Those are all a part of a basic cell.

The space between A and B' (including the mirrored bird) is the mirror image (in mirror A) of the basic cell. This is a virtual cell space. we call this a virtual cell.

1. Add more virtual cells (mirror images of mirrors and repeats thereof) with
birds in them.
2. Which structure or pattern do you discover in the of cells?

Homework Equations

mirror reflection

The Attempt at a Solution

1. Is this the correct way to do mirror reflection? You have to keep in mind that " If look at a mirror from the same direction and angle as one of the two arrows that are drawn, you will see the bird in the mirror." from the question here: https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?p=4571995#post4571995

Z799d.png

2. I do see this repeating patterns, but I do not whether this has a specific name or not. Does somebody have a good way to describe it?

Physics news on Phys.org
It is correct.
Does somebody have a good way to describe it?
"Repeating pattern" is fine.

Look at this link

https://www.google.com.au/?gfe_rd=c...rror+virtual+image&biv=i|11;d|ghfxmbJIYCyg6M:

See how the lines are drawn. See where the virtual image is drawn. Use the outside lines in your original picture as a guide to drawing your virtual images. These lines would not be there in the problem for no reason.

I would suggest it is probably not highly regarded to start multiple threads for the same problem.

I must retract part of that post, you have included different points in the problem. Although I don't think that eithere of the arrows are shown in a very good direction to see a repeating pattern. You are going to be looking at the floor within two reflections at most it would seem...

I think the arrows are copied from the original sketch, an represent the real box.

Related to Virtual cells of mirror reflections

What are virtual cells of mirror reflections?

Virtual cells of mirror reflections are a concept in physics that refers to the virtual images of cells that are seen in a mirror. These are not actual cells, but rather a reflection of the real cells in a mirror.

How are virtual cells of mirror reflections created?

Virtual cells of mirror reflections are created when light from real cells bounces off a mirror and creates an image of the cells behind the mirror. This image is known as a virtual image because it appears to be behind the mirror but is not actually there.

Why do virtual cells of mirror reflections appear flipped in a mirror?

Virtual cells of mirror reflections appear flipped in a mirror because the light that creates the image is reflected off the mirror's surface at an angle, which causes the image to be inverted. This is known as the law of reflection.

Can virtual cells of mirror reflections be projected onto a screen?

Yes, virtual cells of mirror reflections can be projected onto a screen. This is because the image seen in the mirror is still made up of light, and that light can be projected onto a screen just like any other image.

What is the practical use of studying virtual cells of mirror reflections?

Studying virtual cells of mirror reflections can help scientists better understand the behavior of light and how it interacts with surfaces like mirrors. This knowledge can be applied in various fields such as optics, photography, and even in the design of mirrors for different purposes.