Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

[SOLVED] Viewer of a thread

ZaidAlyafey

MHB Math Helper
Jan 17, 2013
Today I was seeing the following thread Interesting logarithm integral and I was shocked to see the following

view.PNG

Is this really the number of viewers of the post , or the whole forum (Wave)

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Re: viewer of a thread

That statistic pertains to the topic itself, so at that time you, Dan, and 12 guests were viewing that topic. (Cool)

Petrus

Feb 21, 2013

Today I was seeing the following thread Interesting logarithm integral and I was shocked to see the following

View attachment 934

Is this really the number of viewers of the post , or the whole forum (Wave)
Hello Zaid,
I can tell you like this, I am happy that your integral problem you post. I never got them in homework or exam... they are so difficult and I thought I was getting good with it... It always make me think is this something I should be able to solve with the knowledge I gained...
PS. I guess your famous now?

Regards,
\(\displaystyle |\pi\rangle\)

ZaidAlyafey

MHB Math Helper
Jan 17, 2013

Hello Zaid,
I can tell you like this, I am happy that your integral problem you post. I never got them in homework or exam... they are so difficult and I thought I was getting good with it... It always make me think is this something I should be able to solve with the knowledge I gained...
I actually thought that there was something wrong because of this

viewer.PNG

I don't know whether this is important or not , but I think there is something wrong .

PS. I guess your famous now?
I am not as famous as a musician or a soccer player .

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012

The first statistic you cited is dynamically generated at the time, while the number of views a topic has had is updated periodically to reduce server load. So you may see discrepancies like this from time to time.

ZaidAlyafey

MHB Math Helper
Jan 17, 2013

The first statistic you cited is dynamically generated at the time, while the number of views a topic has had is updated periodically to reduce server load. So you may see discrepancies like this from time to time.
I see , the number of viewers increased suddenly !

viewer.PNG

Bacterius

MHB Math Helper
Jan 26, 2012

This stuff always seems to be cached. Good luck getting an accurate reading of current viewers on any forum :p

As usual, the rule of 10-100 applies, that is, for any thread on the internet, out of X viewers, on average only 1 will reply/comment/etc.. where X is a constant between 10 and 100 depending on the forum.

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
The currently viewing statistic is pretty accurate on the fly, but it "currently" might mean within the last 20 minutes. Also remember that we are constantly being crawled by Google bots and other search engines, so the total human visitors is different. With 12 guest viewing the thread though I think it's safe to say that you definitely have a handful of people reading it. :)

Like others have posted, the view count is updated periodically to reduce server load. It's really best used to notice threads that have a lot of views rather than count a small number of views in my opinion. If I see an average of 200 views per thread for a while then see one with 1,000 I will probably open it up.