Victor Snyder Honored with President's Education Award

• Thread starter Jimmy Snyder
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Education
In summary, Victor Snyder, son of Jimmysnyder, was presented with the President's Education Awards Program in recognition of his Outstanding Academic Achievement 2009. His daughter, who also has autism, has graduated from high school and is currently in college. Congratulations to both Victor and his family!
Jimmy Snyder
President's Education Awards Program presented to Victor Snyder in recognition of Outstanding Academic Achievement 2009
Arne Duncan, U.S. Secretary of Education
Barack Obama, President of the United States

How are your kids doing?

Physics news on Phys.org
If that person is you then congrats

:confused:

Congrats to your son and his parents, jimmysnyder. You must be all kinds of puffed up in all sorts of directions. :smile:

Congrats!

I am just hoping that I produce brilliant kids like yours :)
But, I need to find an intelligent girl first.

Go, Jimmy! Continue to raise 'em right and work with your kids. We'll all benefit! Keep in touch if you want to swing back up this way.

best regards.

jimmysnyder said:
President's Education Awards Program presented to Victor Snyder in recognition of Outstanding Academic Achievement 2009

How are your kids doing?

Wow, great job, victorsynder, and congrats to you too, jimmy!

My daughter: she was, for a while, seeming to go down the wrong path. She changed paths, and quit high school early...to go to college. Well it's a special program that let's kids go to college instead of the last 2 years of high school, and they get both high school credit and college credit. Fantastic program...and the state pays the tuition !

She's happier than she's been in 10 years :smile:.

Congrats to your son, Jimmy! And to you and your wife too! These sorts of achievements don't happen in a vacuum. :smile:

Very nice!

jimmysnyder said:

Congrats to you and your family

lisab said:
Wow, great job, victorsynder, and congrats to you too, jimmy!

My daughter: she was, for a while, seeming to go down the wrong path. She changed paths, and quit high school early...to go to college. Well it's a special program that let's kids go to college instead of the last 2 years of high school, and they get both high school credit and college credit. Fantastic program...and the state pays the tuition !

She's happier than she's been in 10 years :smile:.

that's really nice, is she following her mom’s steps?

Congrats to Victor!

GeorginaS said:
Congrats to your son and his parents, jimmysnyder.
Yes who are his parents anyway?

TheStatutoryApe said:
Congrats to Victor!

Yes who are his parents anyway?

Wellllllll, not knowing jimmysnyder's marital status, I didn't want to say "congrats to you and your wife" on the outside chance that there is no Mrs. Jimmysnyder (even though she is the subject of almost every post of his -- I realize that).

I figured it was safest to identify victorsnyder's parents as that. :biggrin:

GeorginaS said:
I figured it was safest to identify victorsnyder's parents as that. :biggrin:

Lol.. I was just joking. Setting Jimmy up for a funny response.

Thanks all. Yes Victor is my son. My wife (Now how do I prove that she exists. Maybe I'll start a thread in the philosophy forum where people try to prove their own existence. They fail more often than not, so that probably wouldn't work.) gets more credit than I do for his achievement. He is autistic but he is a hard worker and she sees to it that he stays focused. Although we live in a poor school district, his special education teachers are dedicated and very compentent. His lifelong bud, another autistic child, got a President's Academic Excellence award. Two such awards in a special ed class of four students, in a school that rates 3 on of a scale of 10 based on test results, speaks to the academic excellence and achievement of the special ed teachers.

Thanks for sharing your story lisab. My own daughter graduates High School tomorrow. Up until about 6 months ago, it seemed like she wouldn't graduate. Then things turned around. She has become easier to live with and now she got 100 on her final exam in English and will graduate. Earlier, she assured me that the teacher hated her. The teacher indicated otherwise, but of course, I stand by my daughter. Probably she would have gotten more than 100 if only the teacher hadn't graded her so harshly out of hatred.

Related to Victor Snyder Honored with President's Education Award

1. What is the President's Education Award?

The President's Education Award is a recognition program for students who have excelled academically and demonstrated leadership skills in their school or community. It is awarded by the President of the United States and the U.S. Department of Education.

2. Who is Victor Snyder and why was he honored with this award?

Victor Snyder is a student who has shown exceptional academic performance and leadership qualities in his school. He was honored with the President's Education Award for his outstanding achievements and contributions to his school and community.

3. How is the recipient of this award selected?

The recipient of the President's Education Award is selected by their school's principal or designated staff member. They consider the student's academic performance, leadership skills, and involvement in extracurricular activities or community service.

4. Is the President's Education Award a one-time recognition?

No, the President's Education Award can be received more than once. Students who continue to excel academically and demonstrate leadership throughout their schooling may receive the award in subsequent years.

5. Can anyone apply for the President's Education Award?

No, the President's Education Award is not an application-based award. Students are nominated and selected by their school's principal or designated staff member based on their academic performance and leadership qualities.