Verifying the Correctness of My Proof

In summary, the conversation includes a discussion about guidelines for students and helpers on a website, where one member suggests typing out the problem and solution instead of posting images. They also mention the difficulty in reading and following messy work. The original poster asks if they should edit or delete their question, to which the other member suggests continuing in the same thread.
weezy
1. I have to show:
Screen Shot 2016-10-01 at 3.51.01 PM.png

2. Given:
Screen Shot 2016-10-01 at 3.51.13 PM.png

3. My attempt :
Screen Shot 2016-10-01 at 3.47.32 PM.png

I just want to verify if what I've done is correct or not. Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
weezy said:
1. I have to show:View attachment 106788
2. Given: View attachment 106787

3. My attempt :
View attachment 106789

I just want to verify if what I've done is correct or not. Thanks!

Read the thread "Guidelines for students and helpers" by Vela, to see why you should not expect help if all you do is post images. Take the time to type out the problem and your solution.

Ray Vickson said:
Read the thread "Guidelines for students and helpers" by Vela, to see why you should not expect help if all you do is post images. Take the time to type out the problem and your solution.
Are you suggesting to edit the question?

weezy said:
Are you suggesting to edit the question?
No, that's not what he said.

Ray Vickson said:
Take the time to type out the problem and your solution.

On this site it is possible to type everything that was in the problem statement, as well as all of your work. See https://www.physicsforums.com/help/latexhelp/ (under the INFO menu, in the Help/How-to submenu).

Speaking of your work, it's not the easiest to read, plus you have stuff crossed out, which makes it even harder to follow. Some members won't bother to spend the time helping, if the poster isn't willing to put in more effort than merely taking a picture of some messy work.

Likes weezy
Mark44 said:
Speaking of your work, it's not the easiest to read, plus you have stuff crossed out, which makes it even harder to follow. Some members won't bother to spend the time helping, if the poster isn't willing to put in more effort than merely taking a picture of some messy work.

Oh I understand now. Would it be better to edit this question or delete it a
Mark44 said:
No, that's not what he said.
On this site it is possible to type everything that was in the problem statement, as well as all of your work. See https://www.physicsforums.com/help/latexhelp/ (under the INFO menu, in the Help/How-to submenu).

thank you for the suggestion. I will post a new question.

I'm sorry but I can't seem to edit the question nor delete it? What do I do?

weezy said:
I'm sorry but I can't seem to edit the question nor delete it? What do I do?
Just continue on in this thread.

Related to Verifying the Correctness of My Proof

1. What is the main objective of the proof?

The main objective of a proof is to logically demonstrate the truth of a given statement or theorem.

2. How do you know if a proof is correct?

A proof is considered correct if it follows the rules of logic and provides a valid and sound argument that supports the given statement or theorem.

3. What are some common mistakes to look out for in a proof?

Some common mistakes in a proof include incorrect use of logical operators, assuming what needs to be proven, and not providing enough justification for each step.

4. Can a proof be considered correct if it is difficult to understand?

No, a proof must be clear and easy to follow in order to be considered correct. If it is difficult to understand, it may be necessary to revise and clarify the steps taken in the proof.

5. Are there any tips for writing a clear and correct proof?

Some tips for writing a clear and correct proof include using precise language, providing enough detail for each step, and double-checking each step for accuracy and validity. It can also be helpful to have someone else review the proof for any potential mistakes or areas that may need clarification.