V6 a*b=9; v7 a*b=a^3+b^3

• MHB
  • Thread starter karush
  • Start date
In summary, the binary operator $\bigtriangledown$ takes two numbers and always results in the number 9, while the binary operator $\square$ returns the sum of the cubes of two numbers. Solutions for the given equations using these operators are 9 and 91 for all variables, and negative numbers are possible for the operator $\square$. The purpose and context of these operators are unknown, and further information is needed for a more specific and accurate solution.
karush
Gold Member
MHB
6 define the binary operater $\bigtriangledown$ by: a $\bigtriangledown\ b=9$
find
a. $2\bigtriangledown 7 =9$
b. $4\bigtriangledown 4 =9$
c. $7\bigtriangledown 2 =9$
d. $i\bigtriangledown t =9$
ok seems like its 9 no mater a and b are

and...

7 define the binary operater $\square$ by: a $\square \ b = a^3+b^3$
Find
a. $4\square 3 = 4^3+3^3=91$
b. $5\square 5 = 5^3+5^3=250$
c. $3\square 4 = 3^3+4^3=91$
d. $u\square y = u^3+y^3$
I have yet to see a or b be a negative number but can be I suppose

because the most common errors are just simple arithmetic I use a calculator but still...

just curious is it possible to put a button option if we want to send the link to these threads and time to google calendar

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the forum post. I would like to provide some additional information and clarification on the binary operators $\bigtriangledown$ and $\square$.

Firstly, the binary operator $\bigtriangledown$ is not defined in traditional mathematics. It is possible that the author of the post created this operator for their own purposes or as part of a specific problem or equation. Without knowing the context or purpose of the operator, it is difficult to determine its exact meaning or rules of operation.

In the absence of any specific information, we can only make assumptions based on the given equation. Based on the given equation, it seems that the operator $\bigtriangledown$ takes two numbers and always results in the number 9. Therefore, you are correct in saying that for any values of a and b, a $\bigtriangledown\ b=9$. This is a valid solution, but it may not be the only possible solution.

Similarly, the binary operator $\square$ is not a traditional mathematical operator. However, it can be interpreted as a function that takes two numbers and returns the sum of their cubes. In other words, a $\square\ b=a^3+b^3$. Using this interpretation, we can find the solutions for the given equations:

a. $4\square 3 = 4^3+3^3=91$
b. $5\square 5 = 5^3+5^3=250$
c. $3\square 4 = 3^3+4^3=91$
d. $u\square y = u^3+y^3$

As for the possibility of negative numbers, it is possible to have a negative result when using the binary operator $\square$. For example, $-2\square 1 = (-2)^3+1^3=-7$. It all depends on the values of a and b that are being used.

Additionally, I am not sure what you mean by a button option to send the link to these threads and time to Google calendar. Can you please clarify?

I hope this helps to clarify the concepts of binary operators and their possible solutions. If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask. Thank you.

1. What is the meaning of "V6 a*b=9; v7 a*b=a^3+b^3"?

The equation "V6 a*b=9; v7 a*b=a^3+b^3" is a mathematical expression that represents two equations. The first equation, "V6 a*b=9," means that the product of two variables, a and b, is equal to 9. The second equation, "v7 a*b=a^3+b^3," means that the product of the same two variables is equal to the sum of their cubes.

2. What is the significance of the numbers 6 and 7 in the equations?

The numbers 6 and 7 represent the order or step in which the equations are being solved. In mathematics, the order of operations is important, and these numbers indicate the sequence in which the equations should be solved.

3. How do you solve these equations?

To solve these equations, you need to use algebraic manipulation to isolate the variables on one side of the equation and the numbers on the other side. For example, in the first equation, you could divide both sides by 6 to get a*b=1.5. In the second equation, you could factor out the common term a*b to get a*b=a^3+b^3. Then, you can substitute the value of a*b from the first equation into the second equation and solve for a and b.

4. Can these equations have multiple solutions?

Yes, these equations can have multiple solutions. In fact, for the second equation, there are an infinite number of solutions since there are multiple combinations of a and b that can result in the same sum of their cubes. For example, a=1 and b=2, or a=2 and b=1, both satisfy the equation.

5. What is the practical application of these equations?

These equations may not have a direct practical application on their own, but they are important in understanding and solving more complex mathematical problems. They can also be used in various fields such as physics, engineering, and economics to model and solve real-world problems.