Users who solicit via the PM system

• Complaint
  • Thread starter Senjai
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of receiving unwanted private messages trying to sell physics solutions. The individuals involved suggest reporting these messages to the moderators immediately and encourage others to do the same to prevent unwanted contacts. They also provide a method for reporting such messages through mentors.
Senjai
I am receiving numerous private messages attempting to 'sell' me physics solutions. I find there is really no proper way to report such behavior.

See attached.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 404
Physics news on Phys.org
Report each such infraction IMMEDIATELY to the moderators.

PF moderators are no sissies.

I can't make out the member name.

Bsl110cm

Thank you for reporting that.

Please, anyone that receives a solicitation, an unwanted PM, or visitor message, PLEASE report them so we can stop them.

Our goal is to make sure that our members are not receiving unwanted contacts, but we need your help to stop it.

Senjai said:
Bsl110cm
Adios!

Since there is no "report" feature associated with PMs, for those wondering HOW to report such PMs, just forward the PM to whichever mentor is most convenient for you. They can then post it in the mentor's forum for discussion or deal with it directly, whichever seems most approapriate.

Sorry for the late reply-- Thanks for the assistance :)

Related to Users who solicit via the PM system

1. What is meant by "soliciting" via the PM system?

"Soliciting" refers to the act of requesting or asking someone for something, often in a persistent or persuasive manner. In the context of the PM system, it means sending unsolicited messages to other users for personal gain, such as promoting a product or service.

2. Is soliciting via the PM system against the terms of service?

Yes, soliciting via the PM system is typically against the terms of service of most online platforms. It is considered a form of spamming and can result in consequences such as account suspension or termination.

3. How can I report a user who is soliciting via the PM system?

Most online platforms have a designated reporting feature or contact form for users to report any violations of the terms of service. If you receive a solicitation via the PM system, you can report the user by providing their username and a description of the message.

4. Why do some users choose to solicit via the PM system instead of posting publicly?

Some users may choose to solicit via the PM system because it allows them to target specific individuals and potentially have a higher success rate. They may also think it is a more discreet way of promoting their product or service.

5. Is it okay to solicit via the PM system if I have good intentions?

No, it is not okay to solicit via the PM system even if you have good intentions. By doing so, you are still violating the terms of service and potentially bothering other users who did not consent to receiving your message. It is important to respect the boundaries and rules set by the platform.