User Notes Feature: What Do the "Share It" Links Do?

• Thread starter Redbelly98
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about the user notes feature and the confusion surrounding the "Share It" and down-arrow links that appear at the top of each note. The user notes that nothing happens when they click on them and is wondering what they are supposed to do. Another user explains that they are actually for "Thread Tools" and "Search Thread" dropdowns, but since they don't apply to user notes, there may be some template errors causing them to appear. The original user thanks the other for clarifying and will stop clicking on the links.
Redbelly98
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
I recently discovered the user notes feature, but am wondering:

At the top of each user note, the words "Share It" appear, along with three down-arrows. These all appear to be clickable links, or perhaps just a single link. But nothing seems to happen when I click them.

So, just what are these phantom links supposed to do?

Physics news on Phys.org
Just a couple template errors. The arrows are for "Thread Tools" and "Search Thread" dropdowns. But since they don't apply to usernotes it gets messed up, the graphics must be outside a conditional.

Thanks Greg. In that case I'll stop clicking them!

Related to User Notes Feature: What Do the "Share It" Links Do?

1. What is the purpose of the "Share It" links on the User Notes feature?

The "Share It" links on the User Notes feature allow users to easily share their notes with others. They provide a quick and accessible way to share information and collaborate with others.

2. How do I use the "Share It" links on the User Notes feature?

To use the "Share It" links, simply click on the link and a share window will appear. From there, you can select the platform or method you want to use to share your notes, such as email, social media, or messaging.

3. Can I control who can see my shared notes?

Yes, the "Share It" links give you the option to choose who you want to share your notes with. You can either share with specific individuals or make your notes public for anyone to view.

4. Do I need to have an account to use the "Share It" links?

No, you do not need an account to use the "Share It" links. However, some platforms or methods may require you to have an account to share your notes through them.

5. Are the "Share It" links only available for text notes?

No, the "Share It" links are available for all types of user notes, including text, images, and videos. This allows for a variety of content to be easily shared with others.