Unsolved Mystery - What Caused the Broken Window?

In summary, the speaker was alone at home and heard a loud sound, but could not find the source. Later, while searching through some boxes in the attic, they discovered that a window had cracked, with only the internal pane broken. The window was a sealed double pane glass that had been in place since 2002, and there were no significant temperature changes or visitors that could explain the crack. The speaker suggests that the crack could be due to stress and fatigue, or possibly the expanding and contracting of wood. They also mention that they have a telescope that could potentially have caused the damage, but it has not been used in years. The speaker plans to replace the windows with plastic ones to prevent condensation.
I plan to interrogate the telescope shining a light down the tube.

Physics news on Phys.org
Borek said:
I plan to interrogate the telescope shining a light down the tube.

Ooooh... an optical colonoscopy for optics!

Personally I have experienced a lot with ghost activity. If who ever it is wants your attention fear not they will be back with more calamity. You will just have to wait and see. Have you had a relative die recently? Perhaps one you were close too? There are many reasons activity can start and stop abrubtly. Is your house a new house or does it have history? Research may be in order. But if it is ghost activity you should deal with it. Happy hunting...

writermalou said:
Personally I have experienced a lot with ghost activity. If who ever it is wants your attention fear not they will be back with more calamity. You will just have to wait and see. Have you had a relative die recently? Perhaps one you were close too? There are many reasons activity can start and stop abrubtly. Is your house a new house or does it have history? Research may be in order. But if it is ghost activity you should deal with it. Happy hunting...

Wow... you really need to read threads before you pour on the crackpot.