The Mysteries of the Carnot Cycle: A Journey into Thermodynamics

• Thread starter trigger701
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Welcome
In summary, the Carnot Cycle is a fundamental concept in the field of thermodynamics that allows us to understand and predict the behavior of heat engines. It involves a reversible cycle of four processes, where a working fluid is alternately heated and cooled to transfer heat and perform work. The efficiency of the Carnot Cycle is determined by the temperatures of the heat source and sink, and it represents the theoretical maximum efficiency that any heat engine can achieve. Understanding the Carnot Cycle can help us unlock the mysteries of thermodynamics and improve our energy utilization and efficiency.
trigger701
Hi everyone,

I joined up today because I was scratching my head for ages about the Carnot cycle. My question was answered in 20 minutes - how great!

I'm currently studying to start a PhD in biochem later this year. It means quitting my job and leaving my home behind so I am looking to suck every drop out of it. I'm therefore on a mission to re-learn all my university notes and begin to grow my knowledge of science.

I never made much effort to understand the physics behind the things I was studying, but that has changed now, so I look forward to spending much more time here!

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

Likes trigger701