Understanding Transmission Line Impedance and Voltage Distribution

In summary, the speaker discusses a problem involving calculating the voltage at a load point that is a quarter wavelength away from a generator. The speaker's result differs from the teacher's result and they question their mistake. The speaker notes that they named certain points and mentions the use of impedance, specifically Z0 and √2Z0. They then mention changing the source and load impedance in order to avoid confusion. The speaker also thanks someone for accompanying them and clarifies that the characteristic impedance of the line is Zc, not Z0.
baby_1
Moved from another forum, so homework template missing
Hello
In this problem I tried to find the voltage at 2Z0 (load) that is (landa/4) from generator.My result it is different from teacher's result.what is my mistake?
(I named V1e as A point and V2e as B point so the voltage across the B point is (Vs/4) according to Zin=Z0 that is the same as Z0 of generator's impedance)
8767268700_1446709956.png

my solution:
2212861200_1446709955.jpg

Any helo would appreciate

Physics news on Phys.org
looks like homework, should have been in that section

Likes DrClaude
Why does it say "√2Z0" in the middle of the line? The chas. impedance of the line is by definition Z0.
So change your source impedance to Z0/√2 and your load impedance to √2Z0 or you're going to get mighty messed up.

Dear rude-man
Thank you for accompanying me
In this problem it assumes that Zc=√2 Z0 it means that the characteristic impedance of line is Zc not Z0 and the other values are Z0 and 2Z0 they don't need to be changed

Related to Understanding Transmission Line Impedance and Voltage Distribution

1. What is a transmission line problem?

A transmission line problem refers to any issue or malfunction that occurs in a transmission line, which is a type of electrical circuit used to transmit electrical signals over long distances.

2. What are the common causes of transmission line problems?

The most common causes of transmission line problems include physical damage to the line, faulty connections or components, and power surges or overloads. Environmental factors such as weather and lightning can also cause issues.

3. How can transmission line problems be diagnosed?

Transmission line problems can be diagnosed through a variety of methods, including visual inspection, testing with specialized equipment, and analyzing data from power meters or other monitoring systems.

4. What are the potential consequences of a transmission line problem?

A transmission line problem can result in power outages, damage to electrical equipment, and safety hazards for individuals working on or near the affected line. It can also disrupt communication systems and cause financial losses for businesses.

5. How can transmission line problems be prevented?

To prevent transmission line problems, regular maintenance and inspections should be performed, and any damaged components should be repaired or replaced promptly. Proper grounding and surge protection can also help prevent issues. Additionally, following safety protocols and regulations can minimize the risk of accidents and damage to the line.