Understanding the Relationship between Differential Equations and Integration

In summary, a differential concept is a term used to describe a changing concept in mathematics and physics, often used in calculus. It is more general than a derivative, which specifically refers to the rate of change of a function. Examples of differential concepts include velocity, which is affected by other variables and used in fields such as physics and biology. Differential concepts are used in science to understand and analyze changes in complex systems, and have practical applications in fields such as engineering and medicine.
haoku
If ds = integration of f(t) dt then can I say:
ds/dt= f(t)?

I am very confuse with that. please help

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm very confused too with what you're asking.

It *sounds* like you meant:

If [tex]s = \int f(x) dx[/tex], is it true that [tex]\frac{ds}{dx} = f(x)[/tex]?

If that's not what you mean, please correct me. If it is what you meant, then it's true. It is essentially the fundamental theorem of calculus.

Sorry I have corrected and thanks for answering!

Last edited:

Related to Understanding the Relationship between Differential Equations and Integration

1. What is a differential concept?

A differential concept is a term used in mathematics and physics to describe a concept that changes over time or in relation to other variables. It is often used in calculus to calculate rates of change.

2. How is a differential concept different from a derivative?

A differential concept is a more general term that encompasses the concept of a derivative. A derivative specifically refers to the rate of change of a function, while a differential concept can refer to any variable that changes over time or in relation to other variables.

3. Can you give an example of a differential concept?

An example of a differential concept is velocity, which is the rate of change of an object's position over time. It is affected by other variables such as acceleration and time, making it a differential concept.

4. How are differential concepts used in science?

In science, differential concepts are used to understand and analyze how different variables or systems change over time. They are often used in fields such as physics, biology, and economics to model and predict changes in complex systems.

5. Are there any practical applications of differential concepts?

Yes, there are many practical applications of differential concepts. For example, in engineering, differential concepts are used to design and optimize systems such as bridges and buildings. In medicine, they are used to understand how diseases progress and how treatments can affect them.