Tsirelson bound and mixed states.

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of violating Tsirelson's bound by using a mixed state with an orthonormal basis that depends on the angle of measurements. This would allow for unobserved information transfer and would contradict quantum mechanics.
jk22
Could it be possible that using a mixed stated ##\rho=\sum_{i=1}^4|\langle e_i|\Psi\rangle|^2|e_i\rangle\langle e_i|##

Where ##\Psi## is the singlet state and the ##e_i## form an orthonormal basis (like an intermediary state),That one could violate Tsirelson's bound if the parameters describing the basis could depend on the angle of measurements ? (The latter would imply that this intermediary state basis would be at the recollecting of both side's datas)

Physics news on Phys.org
Violating Tsirelson's bound permits unobserved levels of information transfer. Specifically if you had Alice and Bob each with one particle from an entangled pair it would allow Bob to learn the value of ##m## bits from a dataset of Alice's by her transmitting ##n < m## bits.

Also it would imply that observables that are pairwise joint measurable are not totally joint measurable, e.g. ##\{A,B\}##, ##\{B,C\}## and ##\{A,C\}## are all joint measurable but ##\{A,B,C\}## is not. This contradicts QM and isn't observed in practice.

Likes atyy

Related to Tsirelson bound and mixed states.

1. What is the Tsirelson bound?

The Tsirelson bound, also known as the Tsirelson inequality, is a mathematical limit that sets the maximum possible correlation between two quantum systems. It was first proposed by Boris Tsirelson in 1980 as a way to understand the limits of quantum entanglement.

2. How is the Tsirelson bound related to Bell's theorem?

Bell's theorem is a fundamental principle in quantum mechanics that states that the predictions of quantum mechanics cannot be explained by any local hidden variable theory. The Tsirelson bound is a mathematical consequence of Bell's theorem and provides a way to quantify the amount of correlation between two quantum systems.

3. What are mixed states in quantum mechanics?

In quantum mechanics, a mixed state is a statistical combination of pure states. It describes a system that is in a state of uncertainty, where the outcome of a measurement is not predetermined. Mixed states are used to describe systems that are not in a pure state, such as when a system is entangled with another system.

4. How does the Tsirelson bound apply to mixed states?

The Tsirelson bound applies to mixed states by providing a limit on the amount of correlation that can exist between two quantum systems, even when they are in a mixed state. It is a fundamental property of quantum mechanics and has important implications for understanding the behavior of entangled systems.

5. What are some applications of the Tsirelson bound?

The Tsirelson bound has many applications in quantum information theory, particularly in the study of quantum entanglement and quantum communication. It has also been used in quantum cryptography and quantum computing. Additionally, the Tsirelson bound has implications for understanding the foundations of quantum mechanics and the nature of reality at the quantum level.