Trying to get the force of impact if a man hit the bonnet

The question is asking for the force of impact if a man hits the bonnet of a car that is not moving. The man weighs 105 kg and the car weighs 1318 kg. The height of the man is 192 meters and the height of the car is not specified, but is estimated to be around 1.2 meters since it is a VW Golf. The formula for calculating force is F = G * M1 * M2 / distance, but the distance is not specified. The question also asks about the pulling force if the man tries to forcefully pull the door handle.
rumex

Homework Statement

can someone tell me how to go about this question please;
we are trying to get the force of impact if a man hit the bonnet that is stagnant(the car is not moving) the man is in front of the car and also the pulling force if he tries to forcefully pull the door handel;
Data given are;
Man = 105 kg
Car = 1318 kk
Gravity = 9.8(normal)
hieght of man = 192m
Hieght of car= not really specified just the car is a vw golf so i guess it should be about 1.2 m

Homework Equations

F=G*M1*M2/distance

The Attempt at a Solution

in this case what distance should be used, what effects will be visible?:cry:

Physics news on Phys.org

can someone tell me how to go about this question please;
we are trying to get the force of impact if a man hit the bonnet that is stagnant(the car is not moving) the man is in front of the car and also the pulling force if he tries to forcefully pull the door handel;
Data given are;
Man = 105 kg
Car = 1318 kk
Gravity = 9.8(normal)
hieght of man = 192m
Hieght of car= not really specified just the car is a vw golf so i guess it should be about 1.2 m

F=G*M1*M2/distance

Related to Trying to get the force of impact if a man hit the bonnet

1. What factors affect the force of impact in a man hitting a bonnet?

The force of impact in a man hitting a bonnet can be affected by several factors including the speed of the man, the weight and size of the man, and the material of the bonnet.

2. How can I calculate the force of impact in a man hitting a bonnet?

To calculate the force of impact, you will need to know the mass of the man, the velocity at which he hits the bonnet, and the time it takes for the impact to occur. You can then use the formula F=ma (force = mass x acceleration) to calculate the force of impact.

3. Is the force of impact different for different types of bonnets?

Yes, the force of impact can vary depending on the material and structure of the bonnet. A harder or sturdier material will typically result in a higher force of impact compared to a softer material.

4. Can the angle at which the man hits the bonnet affect the force of impact?

Yes, the angle at which the man hits the bonnet can affect the force of impact. If the man hits the bonnet at an angle, the force of impact will be distributed over a larger surface area, resulting in a lower force of impact compared to hitting the bonnet directly.

5. How does the force of impact in a man hitting a bonnet compare to other types of impacts?

The force of impact in a man hitting a bonnet can vary greatly depending on the factors mentioned above. However, it is generally considered to be a low to moderate force of impact compared to other types of impacts, such as a car crash or a collision with a solid object.