Trying to find a paper by N.A. Kozyrev

• Thread starter BlankInfinity
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Paper
In summary, the conversation was about a person's search for papers written by N.A. Kozyrev, specifically those that define the physical properties of time. They have been having difficulty finding the papers due to the author being Russian and not knowing the specific titles. They have searched on Google and Wikipedia, but have not been successful. Another person suggests looking for a collection of papers published by Leningrad State University. The person is extremely grateful for the help and has finally found a copy of the papers.
BlankInfinity
Greetings!
I've been looking for some of N.A. Kozyrev's papers for quite a while now, and I figured maybe I should ask here, since I'm sure atleast one of you has had to, at one point in time or another, had to find a research paper.

The difficulty I've been having in finding his papers come from a number of things. One, he was russian -- as of such, I do not know if his papers were written in english, or russian, or in one and translated to the other, or any number of other possibilities. To worsen this, I do not know which paper(s) I am looking for! The one(s) I'm trying to find, are where he defines physical properties of time.

If anyone has any methods on how I could find the paper(s), or knows the names of the papers, please tell me.

BlankInfinity

Physics news on Phys.org
BlankInfinity, Welcome to Physics Forums!

Have you done a Google search? Why not just start here and then explore the references given therein:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikolai_Aleksandrovich_Kozyrev

Also, a Google search gives many more hits about Professor N. Kozyrev, including some about his work on the physical properties of time.

Cheers,
Bobbywhy

Thanks for the reply!

I'm sorry, I was rushing while writing the first post, and as of such, it isn't very clear. I have a copy of Kozyrev's "Possibility of experimental study of properties of time" and the majority of "On some properties of time, discovered by astronomical observations," however, there is another one I'm looking for. I have seen it referenced to many times, and the only thing that remains the same is that it is 488 pages long, and was published by Leningrad state University. I've seen the name in various forms, the most common of which are "Selected works" and "Selected transactions" - This I believe to have been caused by the different languages, and because of this, I'm unsure of its proper name. (Sorry for stating that so unclearly in my original post).

I've Looked through both Wikipedia (in English and Russian) and many (oh so many!) Google searches for the paper to little avail. I have also attempted to email Leningrad State University, since they published it, but have yet to receive a response.

With how many times I've seen it referenced, I feel like I'm missing something extremely obvious, but have yet to realize what that thing is.

BlankInfinity

BlankInfinity said:
488 pages long, and was published by Leningrad state University. I've seen the name in various forms, the most common of which are "Selected works" and "Selected transactions"

That doesn't look like a single "paper", but rather a whole book, i.e. a collection of papers.

You might try searching through catalogs of large university libraries. You'd probably have to visit each one's website individually and use their own search engines.

Thank you!
I cannot express my gratitude enough! I've been looking what seems like an eternity, and, thanks to you, I finally found a copy! Now to find out how to get my friend to translate it for me, haha...Thank you!

Related to Trying to find a paper by N.A. Kozyrev

1. What is the significance of N.A. Kozyrev's paper?

N.A. Kozyrev's paper is significant because it presents groundbreaking research on the concept of time and its relationship with physical processes. Kozyrev's work challenged traditional scientific beliefs and opened up new frontiers for understanding time and its effects on the physical world.

2. Where can I find N.A. Kozyrev's paper?

N.A. Kozyrev's paper can be found in various scientific journals and publications. It may also be available in online databases, such as JSTOR or ScienceDirect. Additionally, some universities or research institutions may have copies of the paper in their archives.

3. What is the main idea of N.A. Kozyrev's paper?

The main idea of N.A. Kozyrev's paper is that time is not a linear concept, but rather a multidimensional phenomenon that can affect physical processes. Kozyrev's research suggests that time is not just a measure of duration, but also a force that can influence the behavior of matter and energy.

4. How did N.A. Kozyrev conduct his research?

N.A. Kozyrev conducted his research through a combination of theoretical analysis and experimentation. He used specialized equipment, such as a torsion pendulum, to measure the effects of time on physical processes. Kozyrev also conducted field research and observed natural phenomena to support his theories.

5. What impact has N.A. Kozyrev's paper had on the scientific community?

N.A. Kozyrev's paper has had a significant impact on the scientific community, sparking debates and further research on the concept of time. While some scientists have criticized Kozyrev's work, others have built upon it and expanded our understanding of time. His paper continues to be cited and referenced in various studies related to time and physics.