Troubleshooting Pressure Gauge Issues on Compressed Air Machines

• Thread starter Ahmed Mukhtar
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Pressure
In summary, the conversation is about a machine with compressed air and a malfunctioning pressure gauge. The issue seems to be with the machine itself, as the gauge works properly when attached to another compressed air line. The machine is a cigarette filter maker and has a blower pump with a pressure range of 250mbar. The gauge is attached after the manifold in each port and has a pressure range of 0mbar to 180mbar, while the pressure range for each port is 10mbar to 130mbar. The conversation also discusses a question about the pump specification and its pressure range.
Ahmed Mukhtar
hi every body,

I have a machine with compressed air. the problem is the pressure gauges is not working.
and when I take the gauges into other compressed air line the pressure gauge work properly.
why this happening ? I need your help

Engineering news on Phys.org
Here are some thoughts. Where is gage attached on the machine in question. What is the machine. Does it have an air tank etc. What range of pressure is the machine supposed to operate at. Is this range suitable for the gage.

There is a blower pump ( pump pressure= 250mbar) . the air of blower pass throw manifold into three ports. the gauges attached after manifold in each port to measure the pressure of each port. (No Air Tank)
The range of pressure for each port is from (10mbar to 130mbar) , the pressure gauge range is (0mbar - 180mbar)
The machine is cigarette filter maker

anther Question.
I found in pump specification [pressure= +(250/230)mbar] . what does it mean? Max &min??

Ahmed Mukhtar said:
I have a machine with compressed air. the problem is the pressure gauges is not working.
and when I take the gauges into other compressed air line the pressure gauge work properly.
why this happening ?
The gauge might be working OK. Do you really have pressure?
Or do you have pressure and a block in the air line to the gauge?
Is there an isolation valve on the line to the gauge that has been closed?
When you remove the gauge, does it release air?

Related to Troubleshooting Pressure Gauge Issues on Compressed Air Machines

1. How can I tell if my pressure gauge is accurate?

To ensure that your pressure gauge is accurate, you can use a known pressure source, such as a calibration device, to compare the readings on your gauge. If there is a significant difference between the two readings, your gauge may need to be recalibrated or replaced.

2. Why is my pressure gauge reading low?

There are several reasons why your pressure gauge may be reading low. Some possible causes include a leak in the compressed air system, a malfunctioning regulator, or a clogged filter. It is important to troubleshoot and address the underlying issue in order to accurately measure and maintain the correct pressure.

3. Can temperature affect pressure gauge readings?

Yes, temperature can affect pressure gauge readings. As temperature increases, the air molecules in the compressed air expand, resulting in a higher pressure reading. Conversely, as temperature decreases, the air molecules compress, resulting in a lower pressure reading. It is important to consider the temperature and make any necessary adjustments when taking pressure measurements.

4. What is the best way to clean a pressure gauge?

To clean a pressure gauge, you can use a damp cloth or mild detergent solution to wipe the gauge and remove any dirt or debris. It is important to avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials that could damage the gauge. Additionally, make sure to dry the gauge thoroughly before using it again.

5. How often should pressure gauges be replaced?

The lifespan of a pressure gauge can vary depending on usage and environmental conditions. It is recommended to regularly inspect and test your pressure gauge, and replace it if there are any signs of damage or if it is no longer providing accurate readings. Additionally, it is a good idea to replace pressure gauges every 1-2 years as part of routine maintenance to ensure accurate measurements.