Troubleshooting Malfunctioning Device

In summary, the conversation discusses the possible dangers of getting a bruise from falling and how to take care of it.
You guys really need putting in a bag and shaking, i think i will forget inventing engines, and come up with an anti personnel pong filter :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
wolram said:
I am sure it is not right, it seems able to go backwards far more than the other, and has less control, it has little pain until it goes backwards, the only outward sign of malfunction is that it is quite hot ? is this a doctor thing or wait and see thing?
I see a fair number of knee injuries in the sport I'm involved in.
I'm going to guess from the description that there is a good chance that you damaged what is called the ACL.
This would be particularly true if you felt/heard a pop in the incident.
The increasing swelling for a few days may indicate you also have meniscus damage, rather than just being a bruise. Bruises are normally hard to the touch while meniscus damage is soft and mushie.

You should get it examined by someone who specializes in knees.

The pain and swelling tends to go away in a couple weeks (except when you step wrong), if you don't have meniscus damage.
While the recommended "solution" is often to ignore it or a knee brace, this can lead to additional damage as time goes on.
Meniscus damage is best treated with orthroscopic surgery, but they might put that in the "ignore it" list as well.

Oh, sugar lumps, i suppose it will be my fault if i do not go and see a doctor now well i will give it a week or two, i sure do not want go some place and come out with more than what i went in with.
Thank you No Time.

Moonbear said:
I don't get it either. They banned things like peanuts from planes for a while when it's really rare for someone to have an allergic reaction just from sitting next to peanuts, yet perfumes are everywhere.
While you seem to be able to get a major allergic reaction from shaking hands with somone that ate peanuts, I don't recall hearing that the odor in and of itself is a problem.

I once worked with someone in an industry producing household and personel products.
He told me that the active ingrediant for a product class all comes from the same vat.
The difference between one brand an another is water content, coloring and perfume.
So to create a "new" product they pick a fragrance, a color and make a different bottle to put it in. :rolleyes:

From the little I know of this, fragances are selected molecules added to a carrier base. The carrier base tends to be common to a wide range of fragrance molecules, but some fragrances require different bases.

Fear of being stinky sells fragance.

Moonbear said:
I still adhere to the idea that if you need perfume, it means you need to shower more often! On a related thought, do you have trouble finding deodorants? The only one I've recently found that's unscented is by Arm & Hammer, but is that really unscented, or is it "masking scents" as you earlier described? Even for people who like perfume, who wants their deodorant/antiperspirant competing with perfume? To me, the purpose is to NOT stink, not to add odors to your body.
Moonie, the operative words (the ones that MUST be on the label) are "Fragrance Free". If it says only "unscented", there is a good chance that it contains masking fragrances. IIR, the 4th ingredient listed in "unscented" Oil of Olay moisturizing lotion is "fragrances", coming in behind only the most bulky ingredients, like water and glycerin. That stuff is deadly. I can't smell it, but I taste a really nasty metallic bloom in the back of my mouth, and then I know I'm in trouble and have to get out of wherever I am.