Trig. Indefinite Integral

In summary, the given integral is $\displaystyle \int\sqrt\frac{1+\tan x}{\csc^2 x+\sqrt{\sec x}}dx$ and the person has tried using substitutions $\displaystyle \tan x = \frac{2\tan \frac{x}{2}}{1-\tan^2 \frac{x}{2}}$, $\displaystyle \cos x = \frac{1-\tan^2 \frac{x}{2}}{1-\tan^2 \frac{x}{2}}$, and $\displaystyle \sin x = \frac{2\tan \frac{x}{2}}{1+\tan^2 \frac{x}{2}}$ to solve it, but could not
juantheron
Evaluation of $\displaystyle \int\sqrt\frac{1+\tan x}{\csc^2 x+\sqrt{\sec x}}dx$

I have Tried The Given Integral Using $\displaystyle \tan x = \frac{2\tan \frac{x}{2}}{1-\tan^2 \frac{x}{2}}$ and $\displaystyle \cos x = \frac{1-\tan^2 \frac{x}{2}}{1-\tan^2 \frac{x}{2}}$ and $\displaystyle \sin x = \frac{2\tan \frac{x}{2}}{1+\tan^2 \frac{x}{2}}$

but Could not find anything in standard Substution form

Help me

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
jacks said:
Evaluation of $\displaystyle \int\sqrt\frac{1+\tan x}{\csc^2 x+\sqrt{\sec x}}dx$

I have Tried The Given Integral Using $\displaystyle \tan x = \frac{2\tan \frac{x}{2}}{1-\tan^2 \frac{x}{2}}$ and $\displaystyle \cos x = \frac{1-\tan^2 \frac{x}{2}}{1-\tan^2 \frac{x}{2}}$ and $\displaystyle \sin x = \frac{2\tan \frac{x}{2}}{1+\tan^2 \frac{x}{2}}$

but Could not find anything in standard Substution form

Help me

Thanks

Hi jacks, :)

Just out of curiosity where did you found this integral? Just a guess but this integral might be expressed through elementary functions. I am not quite sure, but as far as I know one can use the Risch Algorithm to determine whether a function has an elementary antiderivative.

[graph]yi8y5ym7yx[/graph]

Related to Trig. Indefinite Integral

1. What is a trigonometric indefinite integral?

An indefinite integral of a trigonometric function is a function whose derivative is the original function. It is used to find the general solution of a differential equation involving trigonometric functions.

2. How do you solve a trigonometric indefinite integral?

To solve a trigonometric indefinite integral, use integration rules such as substitution, integration by parts, or trigonometric identities. Also, make use of known indefinite integrals of trigonometric functions.

3. What are some common trigonometric indefinite integrals?

Some common trigonometric indefinite integrals include: ∫sin(x)dx = -cos(x) + C, ∫cos(x)dx = sin(x) + C, ∫tan(x)dx = ln|sec(x)| + C, and ∫cot(x)dx = ln|sin(x)| + C.

4. Why is it important to understand trigonometric indefinite integrals?

Trigonometric indefinite integrals are important in many areas of math and science, including physics, engineering, and calculus. They are used to solve problems involving trigonometric functions, and also play a crucial role in finding the areas and volumes of irregular shapes.

5. Can trigonometric indefinite integrals be solved using technology?

Yes, there are many online tools and software programs that can solve trigonometric indefinite integrals. However, it is important to understand the concepts and rules of integration in order to use these tools effectively and verify the results.