TI Voyage 200 calculator temporary dead pixels?

• Calculators
  • Thread starter neergmas
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Calculator
In summary: Sell it to someone in person and make sure it's working when they show you.In summary, the person has not used their Voyage for a few months and when they put batteries in it, a column of pixels was blank. They checked 15 minutes later and it was still blank, but after five hours, the pixel column was back. They are questioning what could have caused this and if anyone else has experienced it before. They also mention wanting to sell their calculator, but only if it is not defective. Another person suggests selling it in person and making sure it works before accepting money. The original person responds by saying they believe in being an honest businessman and would not take advantage of someone by selling a defective product.
neergmas
Hi all,

I haven't used my Voyage for a few months. It has not had batteries in it during that time. Today I put batteries in it and a column of pixels was blank. I checked 15 minutes later and it was still blank. Now, five hours later, I checked it again and the pixel column is back! What gives? Has anyone seen this before? I want to sell my calc, but not if it's defective.

Thanks!
Sam

Computer science news on Phys.org
neergmas said:
Hi all,

I haven't used my Voyage for a few months. It has not had batteries in it during that time. Today I put batteries in it and a column of pixels was blank. I checked 15 minutes later and it was still blank. Now, five hours later, I checked it again and the pixel column is back! What gives? Has anyone seen this before? I want to sell my calc, but not if it's defective.

Thanks!
Sam

What do you mean you won't sell if it's not defective. Sell it to someone in person and make sure it's working when they show you. Take the money and call them a sucker and leave.

Sorry! said:
What do you mean you won't sell if it's not defective. Sell it to someone in person and make sure it's working when they show you. Take the money and call them a sucker and leave.

Because honest businessmen, as rare as they are, still exist.

Related to TI Voyage 200 calculator temporary dead pixels?

1. What are temporary dead pixels on a TI Voyage 200 calculator?

Temporary dead pixels on a TI Voyage 200 calculator refer to small areas on the calculator's screen that appear black or unresponsive. They are considered temporary because they are not permanent and can be fixed or resolved.

2. How do temporary dead pixels occur on a TI Voyage 200 calculator?

Temporary dead pixels can occur due to a number of reasons, such as a software glitch, physical damage to the screen, or a malfunctioning LCD panel. They can also appear when the calculator is exposed to extreme temperatures or pressure.

3. Can temporary dead pixels be fixed on a TI Voyage 200 calculator?

Yes, temporary dead pixels can be fixed on a TI Voyage 200 calculator. You can try a few troubleshooting steps, such as resetting the calculator, updating the software, or gently tapping the affected area. If these methods do not work, you may need to contact the manufacturer for further assistance.

4. Are temporary dead pixels covered under the warranty for a TI Voyage 200 calculator?

It depends on the warranty policy of the manufacturer. Some warranties may cover temporary dead pixels, while others may not. It is best to check the warranty details or contact the manufacturer for clarification.

5. How can I prevent temporary dead pixels from occurring on my TI Voyage 200 calculator?

To prevent temporary dead pixels, it is recommended to handle your calculator with care and avoid exposure to extreme temperatures or pressure. You can also regularly update the software and perform regular maintenance to keep your calculator in good condition.