Thrust/Force and Angular Velocity

In summary, the conversation revolved around finding an equation for the horizontal speed of a drone based on various variables such as roll/pitch angle, mass, and angular velocity. The main question was about the relationship between angular velocity and thrust, and the necessary variables needed to calculate thrust from a propeller. Various resources, such as a thread on a forum and Google, were suggested to find the desired equation. There was also mention of g-2 precision in electrodynamics as an example of precise formulas.
doggydan42
I'm working on finding the equation for the horizontal speed of a drone given the roll/pitch angle, mass, the angular velocity, and possibly other variables. Though to calculate, I need a way to calculate the thrust that a propeller creates. What is the relation between angular velocity and thrust? Are the specific variables given from the propeller which are necessary to calculate the thrust? If so, what are they and how do they fit into the equation? Thank you in advanced.

Physics news on Phys.org
Thank you, but I'm not trying to approximate the thrust; I'm looking for an equation.

What do you expect ? g-2 precision ? The links have plenty equations !

[edit]sorry, jargon: g-2 is a showcase of formula precision in electrodynamics.

Last edited:

Related to Thrust/Force and Angular Velocity

What is thrust?

Thrust is the force that propels an object forward, typically through the use of engines or propellers. It is typically measured in newtons and is equal to the mass of an object multiplied by its acceleration.

What is force?

Force is a physical quantity that causes an object to accelerate, or change its state of motion. It can be a push or a pull and is measured in newtons. Force is equal to mass multiplied by acceleration.

What is angular velocity?

Angular velocity is a measure of how quickly an object is rotating or spinning. It is typically measured in radians per second and is equal to the angle rotated per unit of time.

What is the relationship between thrust and angular velocity?

Thrust and angular velocity are related through the concept of torque. Torque is a measure of the force that causes an object to rotate. The greater the thrust, the greater the torque and thus the greater the angular velocity.

How does angular velocity affect flight?

Angular velocity is a crucial factor in flight as it determines the stability and control of an aircraft. A higher angular velocity can result in a more stable flight, while a lower angular velocity can lead to instability. Pilots must carefully manage angular velocity to maintain control of the aircraft.