Throwing gravity and dark energy in the same basket

In summary, the individual is not skilled in math but has a strong interest in physics. They have a theory about dark energy and gravity being the same force, but lack the credentials to be taken seriously. They are looking for someone to explore this idea with them, but the forum is not meant for that purpose.
#Thomas#
(I suck at math... but I really like physics. In school, I flunked math on a regular basis and somehow managed to get decent physics grades... in spite of terrible math skills.
But what I am good at is getting an image in my head of the physical properties of the universe and how it behaves.)

Annyways, on to my case. I think I might have found a way, a theory at least as to how and why dark energy and gravity may be the same force, exerted on an object and/or spacetime itself. I am not talking about just those two being connected, but rather being the same force acting on two entirely different things in the universe.

Unfortunately I do not have any credentials of an astrophisicist or sufficient skills in mathematics to be taken seriously. So I am wondering whether there is anyone here to at least be willing to explore this possibility together with me?

Astronomy news on Phys.org
#Thomas# said:
I think I might have found a way...

...I do not have any credentials of an astrophisicist or sufficient skills in mathematics to be taken seriously

You should be aware that this is a big red flag that whatever idea you think you have come up with is extremely likely to be wrong.

#Thomas# said:
I am wondering whether there is anyone here to at least be willing to explore this possibility together with me?

Sorry, that is not the purpose of PF. Thread closed.

Likes berkeman

Related to Throwing gravity and dark energy in the same basket

1. What is the concept behind throwing gravity and dark energy in the same basket?

The concept of throwing gravity and dark energy in the same basket is based on the idea that both gravity and dark energy are responsible for the expansion of the universe. By combining these two forces, scientists hope to find a more complete understanding of the universe's behavior.

2. How are gravity and dark energy related?

Gravity and dark energy are both considered to be fundamental forces in the universe. Gravity is responsible for the attraction between objects with mass, while dark energy is believed to be the force driving the acceleration of the universe's expansion. Some theories suggest that dark energy may be a manifestation of the effects of gravity on a larger scale.

3. What evidence supports the idea of combining gravity and dark energy?

Recent studies of the expansion of the universe have shown that the rate of expansion is accelerating, which cannot be explained by gravity alone. This suggests the presence of an additional force, which is believed to be dark energy. By combining gravity and dark energy, scientists hope to better understand the nature of this force and its role in the universe.

4. What are the potential implications of combining gravity and dark energy?

If gravity and dark energy are successfully combined, it could lead to a more complete understanding of the universe and its behavior. It could also potentially open up new avenues for research and technology, as the properties of dark energy are still largely unknown.

5. What challenges are associated with combining gravity and dark energy?

Combining gravity and dark energy is a highly complex and theoretical concept, and there are still many unknowns when it comes to both forces. It may also require new and advanced technologies to be developed in order to study and understand the combined effects of gravity and dark energy. Additionally, there may be conflicting theories and ideas within the scientific community, which can make it difficult to reach a consensus on how to combine these forces.