Thought Combinations: Progressive Nature of Thinking

In summary, the conversation discusses the nature of thought and how it progresses in the brain. The speaker believes that thoughts are not all processed at once, but rather in a combination progression. They use the analogy of "connecting the dots" and constantly searching for thoughts. They also mention how this process can lead to new perspectives and thoughts, similar to how Newton and Einstein made groundbreaking discoveries. The conversation also suggests further reading on the subject in psychology and philosophy.
Erus
Perhaps this isn't the right Forum for such topic, but it does fall under some philosophy.

Your brain thinks not all at once but in a progressive nature where you cannot possibly consider all thoughts at once of a subject or any multiple subjects. I believe it is a combination progression, and this how thought builds. To put it into an example,

Say you were in the middle of a discussion and something comes to your head to say. What put it there? I believe this is a combination of multiple concepts/thoughts that 'connect the dots' over the subject. It's like your brain is constantly searching for a thought. Now, this would lead to progression of a thought just like Newton or Einstein.. Putting 1 and 1 together = 2. 2 then = 1 and it repeats itself from the new perspective/thought. It's a building progression of combinations. It is simply random until put into context. That is why you cannot think everything at once.

Physics news on Phys.org
Read psychology 101 text. Theta consciousness concepts discuss this subject. Read a Damasio latest book. Spinoza is in the title.

I find this topic very interesting and I agree that it falls under the realm of philosophy. The concept of thought combinations and the progressive nature of thinking is a fascinating one to explore. It speaks to the complexity of the human mind and how our thoughts are not just a single, linear process, but a constant interplay of various ideas and concepts.

I also agree with your example of how thoughts can come to us in the middle of a discussion. It's almost as if our brain is constantly searching and connecting different dots to form a complete thought. And as you mentioned, this process is not always conscious or deliberate, it can also be random until we give it context.

I believe this concept also ties into the idea of creativity and innovation. Often, breakthrough ideas come from combining existing thoughts and concepts in new and unique ways. This shows the power and potential of thought combinations and the progressive nature of our thinking.

In terms of philosophy, this topic could also lead to discussions about the nature of reality and how our thoughts shape our perception of it. It could also tie into the concept of free will and whether our thoughts are truly our own or influenced by external factors.

Overall, I think this is a thought-provoking topic and I appreciate you bringing it up for discussion. It definitely adds another layer to our understanding of the human mind and the complexity of thought.

Related to Thought Combinations: Progressive Nature of Thinking

1. What is the concept of "Thought Combinations: Progressive Nature of Thinking"?

The concept of "Thought Combinations: Progressive Nature of Thinking" refers to the idea that our thoughts are constantly evolving and building upon each other, leading to new and more complex thoughts. This process is driven by our experiences, knowledge, and cognitive abilities.

2. How does this concept relate to our everyday lives?

This concept is relevant to our everyday lives because it explains how our thoughts and ideas are constantly changing and developing. It also highlights the importance of continuously learning and experiencing new things to expand our thinking and come up with innovative ideas.

3. Can this concept be applied in the field of science?

Yes, this concept is highly applicable in the field of science. Scientists often build upon existing knowledge and theories to come up with new ideas and discoveries. The progressive nature of thinking is also evident in the scientific method, where hypotheses are constantly being tested and refined based on new evidence.

4. Is there any evidence to support this concept?

Yes, there is ample evidence from cognitive psychology and neuroscience to support the concept of thought combinations and the progressive nature of thinking. Studies have shown that our brains are constantly making new connections and pathways as we learn and experience new things.

5. How can we improve our thinking using this concept?

By understanding the concept of thought combinations and the progressive nature of thinking, we can consciously seek out new experiences, learn from others, and challenge our own ideas. This can help us expand our thinking and come up with more innovative and creative solutions to problems.