This afternoon's Outage (1300 GMT)

• Thread starter Hootenanny
  • Start date
In summary, it seems that the problems with the forums this afternoon were caused by a failure to load some of the files. It is still unknown who sent Schrodinger's Cat's PMs, but they were not received.
Hootenanny
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Anyone have any idea what caused the problems with the forums this afternoon? Just out of curiousity.

~H

Physics news on Phys.org
Ah... so it wasn't just me!

Doc Al said:
Ah... so it wasn't just me!

Nope, I couldn't post or view online members or my PM's; I could however, browse the forums. I wander if someone tripped over a lead somewhere :rolleyes: ?

~H

I was going to blame W's computer again, but the problem was still there when I got to work. If I understood the error message properly (which I probably didn't), there was a failure to load some of the files.

No idea, but it does answer the question of why nobody was responding to Schrodinger's Cat's PMs. :biggrin:

Well, no one is certain that he actually sent them. :rolleyes:

Danger said:
Well, no one is certain that he actually sent them. :rolleyes:

:smile: :smile: What happened to the vile of poison? Did he drink it?

~H

He doesn't seem to have posted anything since, so... maybe.

The problem started around 6:30 am EST. It was extremely frustrating...worse than the site being completely inaccessible.

On a related note, is Greg okay ? Hasn't been so much as a blip from him lately.

That sucked...:cry:

I, at first, thought it was just me but then I noticed that, for some reason, Hootenanny (who was, at the time, helping me with a homework assignment) kept logging in and out. I found that strange so I looked over each of the folders and realized that the last post was made at about 6AM which was odd because, what with how many people were on, no one appeared to be posting.

Just restarted apache and everything went back to normal. As for me, this time of year is really busy for me.

What a relief! PF was in "Read-Only" mode yesterday :biggrin:. I thought there was something seriously wrong with my network. Good that is fixed now.:smile:

AngelShare said:
That sucked...:cry:

Tell me about it I started getting withdrawl symptoms after an hour or so; sitting in the corner rocking back and forth mumbling to myself with the lights turned off.

~H

No kidding. I was at work, and I actually ended up working until it came back up.

And this morning the server was again offline for several hours.

Greg has his off peak timer just right, i did not miss a thing :approve:

Related to This afternoon's Outage (1300 GMT)

1. What caused the outage?

The outage was caused by a power failure due to a storm in the area.

2. How long is the outage expected to last?

The outage is expected to last for approximately 2 hours while repairs are being made.

3. Is the outage affecting all services?

Yes, the outage is affecting all services in the area. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

4. Will there be any compensation for the outage?

We understand the inconvenience caused by the outage and will be providing a credit on your next bill as compensation.

5. Is there a way to receive updates on the status of the outage?

Yes, we will be providing updates through our social media channels and you can also check our website for the latest information on the outage.