These Homemade Solar Panels .Do they even work?

In summary, the conversation is about homemade solar panels and whether or not they actually work. The person is trying to find a project for a class and is skeptical about the effectiveness of these panels. Another person suggests looking for DIY projects on a certain website instead."
nukeman
These "Homemade" Solar Panels...Do they even work?

http://solarpanelhandyman.com/uncategorized/how-to-make-a-diy-solar-panel-simple-steps/"

I am trying to figure out a project to make for a class of mine, where we have to build a "Green" type system, bla bla...

Has anyone ever tried? Do these even work?

I don't understand how these would ever work to power anything more than a cell phone charger lol

?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

That's looking like a scam. It even didn't allow me to leave the website by closing the tab. It started popping silly questions instead.

If you want a DIY project, http://www.instructables.com/" .

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to These Homemade Solar Panels .Do they even work?

1. Do homemade solar panels actually work?

Yes, homemade solar panels can work just as effectively as commercially produced ones. The key is to use quality materials and follow proper installation techniques.

2. How much energy can homemade solar panels produce?

The amount of energy produced by homemade solar panels depends on several factors such as the size and efficiency of the panels, the amount of sunlight they receive, and the angle of installation. On average, a homemade solar panel can produce around 100-200 watts of electricity.

3. Are homemade solar panels safe to use?

Yes, homemade solar panels are safe to use as long as they are installed correctly and follow safety guidelines. It is important to use proper wiring and grounding techniques to prevent any electrical hazards.

4. How much do materials for homemade solar panels cost?

The cost of materials for homemade solar panels can vary depending on the size and type of panels used. On average, materials for a small homemade solar panel can cost around $100-150. However, the long-term savings on energy bills make it a cost-effective option.

5. Can I connect my homemade solar panels to the grid?

Yes, it is possible to connect homemade solar panels to the grid, but it requires proper permits and equipment. It is recommended to consult with a professional electrician before attempting to connect homemade solar panels to the grid.