Theoretical methods for the realization of tech. enabled telekinesis

• Thread starter bharris
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Theoretical
In summary, the conversation discussed the possibility of using theoretical methods to achieve technology-enabled telekinesis. The proposed idea involved using electroencephalography (EEG) and a nanobot swarm, with the user wearing an EEG device and using eye tracking to visualize the object's movement. The nanobots would then move the object through synchronous action. The conversation also brought up the need to consider the limits of the nanobot swarm in terms of mass and dimensions.
bharris
Theoretical methods for the realization of tech. enabled "telekinesis"

Ok, so the title is rather self explanatory, but essentially I am just curious as to everyone's opinions on a Theoretical method for the realization of technology enabled telekinesis.

So first let me lay down a few constraints:

This must function through some form of measurement of "brain waves"

This should be converted into an action over a general "movie" distance (0-50m)

There should be no "physical" connection between the user and the object(s) being moved

Be creative, and be physically sound.

Engineering news on Phys.org
My Idea

So how I would go about this is via electroencephalography-nanobot swarm.

To elaborate;

One would use some form of a wearable electrode (an EEG device) as well as an eye tracking device. Via visualization of the object moving, the signal being produced would be converted into a vector motion from the current position of the object (as perceived by eye tracking device, as well as possibly a front facing camera) to the desired position. Which would then be executed by a swarm of nanobots acting through synchronous action to move the object, now the method by which this movement will actually occur is a sticking point for me, or more so the limits on mass and dimensions.

SO, a second proposed topic would be to detail a method for nanobots that can attach to any object, and/or the more technical details of the swarm's limitations for the mass of objects based on the density of the swarm, etc.

1. What is telekinesis?

Telekinesis, also known as psychokinesis, is the supposed ability to move or manipulate objects with the power of the mind.

2. How do theoretical methods work for the realization of tech-enabled telekinesis?

Theoretical methods for the realization of tech-enabled telekinesis involve using scientific theories and principles to develop technologies that can potentially allow individuals to control objects with their minds.

3. What are some proposed technologies for tech-enabled telekinesis?

Some proposed technologies for tech-enabled telekinesis include brain-computer interfaces, electromagnetic fields, and quantum entanglement.

4. Is tech-enabled telekinesis possible?

Currently, there is no scientific evidence to support the existence of telekinesis or the effectiveness of any proposed technologies for tech-enabled telekinesis. However, research in this area is ongoing and advancements in technology may make it possible in the future.

5. What are the potential applications of tech-enabled telekinesis?

If tech-enabled telekinesis were to become a reality, it could have various applications such as assisting individuals with disabilities, enhancing virtual reality experiences, and potentially even aiding in space exploration by controlling objects remotely.