The Mysteries: The Importance of Asking Questions in Science

• Thread starter MichaelCombrink
  • Start date
In summary, asking questions is crucial in the field of science as it allows for the exploration and discovery of new knowledge and understanding. By asking questions, scientists are able to identify gaps in existing knowledge, challenge current theories, and develop new hypotheses to be tested. Through the process of questioning, scientists are able to gather data, analyze it, and draw conclusions that lead to a deeper understanding of the world around us. This curiosity-driven approach is essential in advancing scientific research and uncovering the mysteries of the universe. Without asking questions, science would stagnate and we would be limited in our understanding of the natural world.
MichaelCombrink
How did you find PF?
Google/Quora
not sure what to do here, the intro email said introduce yourself but don't ask questions
I've always been fascinated with how things work, but i often butt heads with those that could provide answers because i ask questions that apparently aren't supposed to be asked.

it's funny how you can have a 6 hour conversation about the death star's staffing strategies but the second you ask someone to analyze an atom as if it has physical particles not waves you begin a 3 hour grudge match, and don't get close to even asking the question

or you go to ask your friend what they think about antimatter rocket channeling, and you spend an hour catching them up, but you don't even get to magnetic confinement before they get bored

so in summation I'm on a quest to find people willing to talk and imagine, and competency is a nice bonus

Physics news on Phys.org
:welcome:

MichaelCombrink said:
How did you find PF?: Google/Quora

I've always been fascinated with how things work, but i often butt heads with those that could provide answers because i ask questions that apparently aren't supposed to be asked.
Welcome to PF.

When asking questions in the PF technical forums, it's best to post links to the mainstream scientific papers and sources that you have been reading about your question. That helps us to see what level you are currently at in understanding the area of your question.

Also, the PF Search feature (see the upper right corner of the page) is pretty good, and may be able to help you figure out the answer to your question. At the very least you can link to the previous threads that you find that come close, and say which parts you are still wanting to discuss.

Enjoy PF! :smile: