The missing Indian Hill Guide (ftp:ftp.cs.washington.edu/pub/cstyle.tar.Z)

• Thread starter Eus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hill
In summary, the missing Indian Hill Guide is a file that is part of the C programming style guide package, which can be found at ftp:ftp.cs.washington.edu/pub/cstyle.tar.Z. It contains guidelines and recommendations for writing clean and consistent C code. The guide may be missing due to technical issues or intentional removal by website administrators. It can be accessed through the website, but contacting the administrators for assistance may be necessary. The Indian Hill Guide is important for C programming as it provides valuable guidelines for high-quality and maintainable code. While there are alternative style guides available, the Indian Hill Guide is highly regarded in the C programming community.
Eus
Hi Ho!

Could someone please help me in obtaining the latest Recommended C
Style and Coding Standards (Updated Indian Hill Guide)?
The file cannot be found any longer at ftp://ftp.cs.washington.edu/pub/cstyle.tar.Z[/URL].
I don't know the reason why the file is missing from the server.

Thank you.

Eus

Last edited by a moderator:
Technology news on Phys.org
Chris Lott has it and others:
http://www.chris-lott.org/resources/cstyle/

Last edited by a moderator:
uf, as a scientist, I understand the importance of having access to up-to-date coding standards and guidelines. It is unfortunate that the Indian Hill Guide is no longer available at the given link. However, I would suggest reaching out to the authors of the guide or the administrators of the server to inquire about the missing file. It is possible that the file has been moved to a different location or that there may be technical issues with the server. In the meantime, you may also consider looking for alternative sources for the Indian Hill Guide or similar coding standards to ensure that your work follows best practices. As scientists, it is important for us to adhere to standardized coding practices to ensure accuracy, reproducibility, and efficiency in our work. I hope this helps and wish you luck in finding the missing guide.

Related to The missing Indian Hill Guide (ftp:ftp.cs.washington.edu/pub/cstyle.tar.Z)

1. What is the missing Indian Hill Guide?

The missing Indian Hill Guide is a file that is part of the C programming style guide package, which can be found at ftp:ftp.cs.washington.edu/pub/cstyle.tar.Z. It contains guidelines and recommendations for writing clean and consistent C code.

2. Why is the Indian Hill Guide missing?

The Indian Hill Guide may be missing due to technical issues, such as server problems or file corruption. It is also possible that the file has been intentionally removed or relocated by the website administrators.

3. How can I access the Indian Hill Guide?

The Indian Hill Guide can be accessed through the website ftp:ftp.cs.washington.edu/pub/cstyle.tar.Z. However, if the file is still missing, you can try contacting the website administrators for assistance.

4. Is the Indian Hill Guide important for C programming?

Yes, the Indian Hill Guide is a valuable resource for C programmers as it provides guidelines for writing high-quality and maintainable code. It can help improve code readability, reduce errors, and make collaboration easier.

5. Are there any alternatives to the missing Indian Hill Guide?

Yes, there are other C programming style guides available online, such as the GNU Coding Standards and the Linux Kernel Coding Style. However, the Indian Hill Guide is still a highly regarded and trusted resource in the C programming community.