The kaleidoscope of periodic tables.

• Thread starter 281Oleg
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Periodic
In summary, the kaleidoscope of periodic tables shows cyclicity for elements on the example of the data on electron affinity. There are other cyclicities, not shown in the periodic table, which are connected with growth of number of electrons in atom.
281Oleg
The kaleidoscope of periodic tables.affinity (eV)

In my last work I show secondary periodicity on this property for s-elements on the example of the data on electron affinity. In the same place, on the example of d-elements other logic of the tableis visible, - not periodicity but cyclicity.
Some properties are cyclic and not correspond to the periodic table.
I offer to your attention http://www.genevo.org/H.htm
It is visible on the schedule that on the property of electron affinity s-elements behave variously before p and d-elements . Before р - elements electron affinity grows, before d-falls.
Even on this property it is possible to speak about available laws which are not clear yet.

That means that affinity before new family "knows" what family will be farther.

About the same scheme of cyclicity it is possible to make for all other families.

Except of cyclicity of orbitals 3 2 3 2 for d-elements, there exist such cyclicities – “reversed”, "regressive" and "progressive". For their construction it is necessary to number orbitals.

But also other cyclicity exists which is connected with growth of number of electrons in atom. When electron is filling , the cyclicity is defined by occurrence of every new electron instead of orbital for two electrons.

Different types of cyclicity connected with representing of different properties of atom. http://www.genevo.org/E.htm

Don't you want to make some comments? I thought I made a good table.
:smile:

Specific properties are inherent in each family of chemical elements.
When constructing the table of periodic specific properties of one element’s family, other families has this property partly (comparably) periodical or as an absent one (is not shown). A parity of families with expressed properties or partly expressed properties or not expressed properties is natural.
Specific properties of element’s families determine the form of the table. All tables are naturally connected.
The continuation of the table of overjumpings of electrons http://www.genevo.org/OD.gif - the table of electrochemical series (fragment). http://www.genevo.org/E.htm
In this periodic table an electrochemical series of potentials of 3d-elements and 5d-elements is very similar. It is shown on the graph. http://www.genevo.org/Ef1.gif And a series of electrochemical potentials of 4d-elements is differing from series of potentials of 3d-elements and 5d-elements. If to turn this series and increase on-1 you see that areas of maxima and minima of this series will coincide with the areas of maxima and minima of electrochemical series of potentials of 3d-elements and 5d-elements. Graph http://www.genevo.org/Ef2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I would like to study your table very carefully.
The existing bi-directional table of elements cannot reflect all variety of physical and chemical properties of elements and compounds, and, therefore, it hinders development of the theory.
I think, that circular (and spiral) tables are more functional.
But I would like to warn you – basing on the electronic theory, you will very soon come in impasse.

Thank you for a good reply. I think that your comments are very good. These aspects are involved in my last article. See it at www.genevo.org/E.htm[/URL]
I think that the aspect of secondary properties of elements become very actual now. And also I think that there will be possible to make a three-dimensional model of elements after doing systematization of cycles.

Unfortunately, I have no good training for chemistry, therefore my questions and replays can be incorrect.
Firstly, it is desirable, that you have in detail told about the technique of measurement of electrochemical potential. As I understand from “ ELECTROCHEMICAL SERIES ” by
Petr Vanysek, electrochemical potentials depend on temperature and pressure.
Hence, they are functions of own resonant frequencies of atoms.
I would like to check up this idea with the help of my polytronic model.
Secondly, the existing electronic theory is constructed on the basis of existing periodic system (bi-directional table). Therefore, I think, that creation of spiral periodic system should be constructed around of the electronic theory, i.e. on the basis of primary physical and chemical properties of elements.
Thirdly, I think, that periodicity of the spiral table should take into account the number 8, i.e. number of nuclear stability.
Now I develop the circular table of elements.
The first ring contains 8 elements in my table: H, He, Li, Be, B, C, N, O (in this table standard filling electronic shells is broken).
Thus, the circle is divided into 8 sectors. The line of an arch in each sector is analogue of an abscissa axis. The radial direction in sector is analogue of an axis of ordinates.
Thus, I can build diagrams directly inside sectors.
The electrochemical potential is complex property. The more heavier the element, the more difficult to find a way in a labyrinth of its physical and chemical properties.
I think, the detailed information on easy elements will be interesting to all readers.

Last edited:
Excuse me for I did not answer for so long - had lost the topic.
If it is possible, send me, please, the reference or the address to your
table. Such arrangement has a logic in my opinion.
About the principle as systematizing, it is possible to tell
that it is known for a long time, as "octaves" (up to Mendeleyev).
May be new is a well forgotten old.

The analysis offered by me does not open bases of construction of the table.
It is the analysis of casually chosen properties which in my opinion are close to
the basic properties (on which you suggest to build the table).

In the same place - Tools of construction of system of elements.

www.genevo.org/P.htm[/URL]

Approximately 30 years ago, because of mine naivety, I wanted “to take the bull for horns” and started to work for a new table of elements. This work has been conceived as the first part of my polytronic physics. Certainly, this idea appeared impracticable. Instead of the new table of elements I had written the small book “Borders of human intelligence”.
After that I have made many experiments on studying of resonant properties of materials and have performed the big work on systematization of spectra of absorption - radiation of atoms.
The new mathematical equations frequently direct the thought of the researcher in unexpected directions and help to solve the put problems.
In result, I become firmly convinced in the initial opinion, that the new table of elements is a correct way.
The biggest danger on this way – stereotypes.

Stereotype 1. Trying to understand from what atoms are constructed, we start to invent elementary particles.
But, “the universe – it is dynamical, mutable and developing continuity”, i.e. a fragmentation of a continuity is infinite occupation and, therefore, unpromising.
Stereotype 2. We try to put the mathematics of the dynamic universe into rigid chains of global constants.
Stereotype 3. Trying to understand infinity of space and infinity of current of time, we try to construct their models with the help of the tool (of our brain), which is formed in conditions of obligatory existence of the beginning and the end.
Stereotype 4. At constructing of any new table of elements, we do not wish to break the established arrangement of groups and the periods in the Mendeleyev's table.

The theme of the new table is very difficult; therefore we should accept some restrictions.
First of all, we cannot solve a problem of stereotypes 1 and 3.
I think, it will be enough at the first stage if we shall use energy as scalar parameter, force as vector parameter of space and frequency of oscillations as parameter of time. The amplitude of oscillations is present at energy and into forces, therefore it will characterize also space.
Second, I think, it needs to be keeping in the circular or in the spiral table eight groups of elements, i.e. eight main sectors. The first sector is occupied with hydrogen, fluorine, chlorine, bromine, iodine and astatine. The second sector is occupied with helium, neon, argon, krypton, xenon and radon. … The eighth sector (sector of oxygen) adjoins to sector of hydrogen. Thus, irrespective of the electronic theory, we can keep division of elements on chemical activity, as the most important property of the Mendeleyev's table .
In the third, standard electrochemical potentials represent enough confusing function of many physical parameters, therefore “the electrochemical table” represents a complex conglomerate from more simple tables. It is necessary to look inside electrode potential for more simple interrelations with the location of elements in each sector, to make some more simple tables, and to search for mathematical novelty in their structure.

Related to The kaleidoscope of periodic tables.

1. What is a periodic table?

A periodic table is a tabular arrangement of the chemical elements, organized by their atomic number, electron configurations, and chemical properties.

2. Who created the first periodic table?

Dmitri Mendeleev is credited with creating the first version of the periodic table in 1869.

3. Why are there gaps in the periodic table?

The gaps in the periodic table represent elements that were predicted to exist based on their properties, but had not yet been discovered at the time the periodic table was created.

4. How many elements are currently on the periodic table?

As of 2021, there are 118 known elements on the periodic table.

5. How is the periodic table organized?

The elements on the periodic table are organized by their atomic number, which is the number of protons in the nucleus of an atom. They are also grouped into periods (rows) and groups (columns) based on their electron configurations and chemical properties.