The Evo Child trapped in PA snowstorm

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Evo
In summary, Evo's daughter encountered a series of travel mishaps while trying to return home from Italy due to a snowstorm in Philadelphia. However, she was able to find a safe place to stay and a decent cab driver to take her to a nearby location. Despite the stressful situation, she had a great time in Florence and Rome. Evo's friends and members of PF showed their concern and offered humorous comments.
Um. Ice weasels?

Physics news on Phys.org
Tsu said:
Um. Ice weasels?
It's a famous quote. "Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come." The author is Matt Groening (who also wrote The Simpsons)

Ah. Well, that explains it. I'm not much of a Simpson's fan. :biggrin: Plus - I'm more into the infamous quotes. :smile: :smile: :smile:

ah ok, sorry! my computer seriously has crashed! Evo, check my IP addy and you will see! Hope your daughter made it back home safely :)

Wow. Sorry about your 'puter, Kerrie. What a bummer. Is it your hard drive? :eek: Hope not. I've lost a couple of hard drives. It truly sucks.

Tsu said:
Wow. Sorry about your 'puter, Kerrie. What a bummer. Is it your hard drive? :eek: Hope not. I've lost a couple of hard drives. It truly sucks.

It's that time of year when computers start to go on strike if you didn't give them a holiday break! :biggrin:

My office computer got all wacky too. I think it hacked up a furball last week or something when it decided to reset itself to all default settings (and erase everything in my calendar, which is the only thing I haven't been able to fix...figures...most of my calendar was sync'd with my laptop, but I know I've lost a few meetings that were on it and just hope someone mentions them in advance to remind me what and when they are). I immediately started backing up everything that hadn't been backed up previously (it didn't affect my files, thankfully) and checked for viruses (none). I don't know, but whatever it did, it seems to have gotten the problem out of its system and seems to be feeling a lot better now. I haven't really pushed it too hard yet to be certain though. Everything important I've been doing on my laptop until I'm sure I can trust the desktop.

Yep, we think the harddrive just crashed. The computer is 3 years old, was running Windows ME...I am in the process now of learning how to upgrade what I have instead of buying a whole new one. I want to use Linux though.

As for the nun lifestyle...Hmmm, don't think I can uphold the "pure" lifestyle, you know being a newlywed and all :-p

Kerrie said:
As for the nun lifestyle...Hmmm, don't think I can uphold the "pure" lifestyle, you know being a newlywed and all :-p

This group represents a renegade, highly subversive faction of the unothodoxed church PFology. I think the only real rules for this disorder of sistas involves the cleaning of weapons. Don't let those innocent looking habbits fool you. Think of them more as masks. The long robes are used to hide weapons and the heads of defeated enemies.

Last edited:
in fact, ninja nuns is what comes to mind. I couldn't find the word...

Ivan Seeking said:
in fact, ninja nuns is what comes to mind. I couldn't find the word...
Some of those nuns don't even try to hide the fact either. I've seen them walking around, playing with their strings of strangulation beads, or holding on to those throwing crucifixes, in public.

Tsu, your avatar is too cute! :smile:

Ninja nuns with guns

Ivan Seeking said:
Don't let those innocent looking habbits fool you. Think of them more as masks. The long robes are used to hide weapons and the heads of defeated enemies.
And airport security never hassles us. Who's going to frisk a nun?!

well, my computer must have been lost in that snowstorm too...somehow my genius of a husband recovered the hard drive, although we lost all our pictures :(