The best learning materials for math on the internet

In summary, there are several excellent online resources for learning precalculus, including Khan Academy, Patrick JMT, West Texas A&M University's Math Lab, Paul's Online Math Notes, and Art of Problem Solving. These resources offer a variety of materials, including videos, tutorials, problem sets, and textbooks, to help students study at their own pace and prepare for college-level mathematics. Additionally, there is a Math and Science Learning Materials forum available for further assistance.
Hierophant
What are they?

I am in pursuit of learning pretty well all of precalculus (algebra, trig, everything!), what are the best learning resources out there?

I am studying at home by myself.

Thank you, this advice could be life changing.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hierophant said:
What are they?

I am in pursuit of learning pretty well all of precalculus (algebra, trig, everything!), what are the best learning resources out there?

What the top math kids in high school use nowadays is Art of Problem Solving. They have on-line classes and they have books. You can use the books alone and do pretty well, or you can use the classes with the books. Not really cheap, but also not expensive. Right now their stuff goes up through basic calculus. And they have excellent material that functions as an introduction to number theory and counting and probability.

If you're good at math and willing to work hard, their stuff is very good. It will certainly prepare you for college level mathematics.

You might also take a look at saylor.org to see what you think.

Hierophant said:
What are they?

Thank you, this advice could be life changing.

If you missed it, we do have a Math and Science Learning Materials forum. Please check it out.

Zz.

Related to The best learning materials for math on the internet

1. What are the key features to look for in the best learning materials for math on the internet?

The best learning materials for math on the internet should have clear and concise explanations, interactive activities and practice problems, visual aids such as diagrams or videos, and the ability to track progress and provide feedback.

2. Are there any free resources available for learning math online?

Yes, there are many free resources available for learning math online, such as Khan Academy, Math Is Fun, and Mathplanet. These websites offer a wide range of lessons, practice problems, and interactive activities for all levels of math.

3. How can I determine the credibility of online math learning materials?

When evaluating the credibility of online math learning materials, look for reputable sources such as educational institutions, government websites, or well-known math experts. It's also important to read reviews and check for references or citations within the material.

4. Can online math learning materials be personalized to fit individual learning needs?

Yes, many online math learning platforms offer personalized learning options, such as adaptive learning algorithms that adjust the difficulty level based on a student's performance, or the ability to customize lesson plans and track progress.

5. Are there any online math learning materials specifically designed for younger learners?

Yes, there are many online math learning materials designed for younger learners, such as games, interactive activities, and videos. Some popular options include PBS Kids Math Games, Funbrain Math Arcade, and Prodigy Math Game.